cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query: Module Execution Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I've a query on the execution order of module execution. Say my requirement is File (with FCC) to File (with FCC) and I need to write a module at both sender and receiver end due to some business requirement. My questions are

1. On the sender side, does sender adapter User defined module gets executed before the sender Standard adapter module? If so, what would be the format of data available to the user defined module (XML data after file content conversion) ??

2. Similar query, but for the receiver channel (receiver adapter modules execution order).

Please explain the nature and order of execution of the adapter modules and the format of data available to the User Defined Modules.

Thanks,

Hussain.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

JoelTrinidade
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hussain,

The simplest answer possible is:

1) At sender side --- First custom made module second standard adapter.

2) At receiver side -- First standard adapter second custom made module.

Regards

joel

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/fd/16e140a786702ae10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. On the sender side, does sender adapter User defined module gets executed before the sender Standard adapter module? If so, what would be the format of data available to the user defined module (XML data after file content conversion) ?? - First your custom module and then standard module... the input to your custom module will be flat file with no conversion............

2. Similar query, but for the receiver channel (receiver adapter modules execution order). - First your custom module and then standard module ........input data in this case will be XML data after msg mapping.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Edited by: RAJEEV GUPTA on Mar 23, 2009 10:31 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

Thanks for your prompt response. So, does that mean the input data to sender custom module is of Text format ie. the whole text file in text format (not in XML format) ?

For ex, if my input file contains the following rows then the input to the module is - Name1;Age1 ('nl') then Name2;Age2 (EOF). In that case if I call XMLPayload, how the XML will look like (FCC Structure)?? Bit confused!!

Name1;Age1

Name2;Age2

Also, can the order of the modules be changed i.e Can custom module be specified and executed later Standard module?? I suppose No but still wanted a confirmation.

Thanks,

Hussain.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hussein / Rajeev,

I disagree to certain extent. I think that the input to the custom module would be xml created after content conversion.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

Could you explain the module flow and format of the data??

Can any of you send me the basic Jar files required to create EJB module in NWDS 7.1??

Thanks,

Hussain.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

At sender, the files would be content converted to xml as soon as it is picked. This will enter custom module and then standard module.

At receiver, first custom module is executed, then standard module and file will get content converted to text.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hussain,

So, does that mean the input data to sender custom module is of Text format ie. the whole text file in text format (not in XML format) ? - Yes

Also, can the order of the modules be changed i.e Can custom module be specified and executed later Standard module?? I suppose No but still wanted a confirmation. - Only in synch communication, when you have sender comm channel, there if you have a reciver custom module, then in sender comm channel in module tab, it will be specified after standard module..............But for asnych communication, where you will have a reicever comm channel, there you will specify your custom module before standard module.

Hi Prateek,

I think that the input to the custom module would be xml created after content conversion. - No, the file will be input as plain text file and in your custom module you will create a XML document for your sender msg.........Similar is the case when you have a excelsheet file as input, in it you have your excel file data as input and you create a XML document in your custom module.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Similar is the case when you have a excelsheet file as input, in it you have your excel file data as input and you create a XML document in your custom module.

The case is not similar. In this case of excel file, you won't be using FCC. We are talking about FCC here.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

Sorry, i just confused between excel file input and FCC conversion parameters input.......You are correct that in case of FCC, first the FCC conversion takes place from flat file to XML file, then custom module and then standard module...............

In case of excel sheet, the input to custom module is excel file and then XML document is created inside your custom module and then standard module is called.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek/Rajeev,

So, in case of FCC, the XMLPayload() will return the input data as per FCC config. And in the other case (case without FCC say for like reading Excel), the data will be of normal text format and calling XMLPayload on that would convert the document to XML format (any clue on how would the xml look like for my above example - assuming the data is in corresponding rows and columns of a excel sheet)??

@Prateek, Could you also confirm, whether the execution order of custom modules and standard modules be changed??

thanks,

Hussain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

And in the other case (case without FCC say for like reading Excel), the data will be of normal text format and calling XMLPayload on that would convert the document to XML format (any clue on how would the xml look like for my above example - assuming the data is in corresponding rows and columns of a excel sheet)?? - XMLPayload will give data which will be just a byte stream data with no XML and on that data, you will have to use ByteStream getBytes function to get the bytes of the data .......so you will have to use JAVA classses for Excel and then handle this bytesteam data using those excel classses of JAVA to get the data of rows and columns of excel sheet...........then you will create a XML document in the module with this data.........and then you will set it as the data of your msg.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the XMLPayload() will return the input data as per FCC config.

Correct.

whether the execution order of custom modules and standard modules be changed??

The standard module should be the last module in the execution chain.

Regards,

Prateek