cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Empty line handling in sender fileadapter FCC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Al,

How do we ignore empty lines in the fixed length file by using FCC?

In my input file,i would be having emply lines at last and as per my curect FCC configurations,it is reading that emplty line also and due to this,message got failed in message mapping.How do we ignore this in sender file adapter?

I do not want to change any mapping condition.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

JoelTrinidade
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Just a short in the dark . There is a parameter by the name of NameA.keepIncompleteFields

This parameter is only evaluated if you enter a value for NameA.fieldFixedLengths.

○ If you enter NO and the last field found in the structure is shorter than specified in NameA.fieldFixedLengths, processing is terminated with a corresponding error message.This is the default.

○ If you enter YES, the last field found in the inbound structure is transferred to the outbound structure, even if it is shorter than specified in NameA.fieldFixedLengths.

Caution

You use this parameter to control the behavior of the conversion routine for the last field in a structure.

Use the NameA.missingLastFields parameter to define the behavior at runtime when the structure contains less fields or no fields (as in your case a blank line) in total that specified in NameA.fieldFixedLengths.

Regards

joel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

use FIELD_NAME.missingLastFields = ignore

Thanks

Damien

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rajesh,

Suppose your last line is comin as blank...

and you have specified say row.endSeparator as 'nl'.

Then you must be receiving the last row as blank..you can ignore that last row while doing the mapping

former_member581827
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you know the for which fields of Data type the empty spaces are comming Can you try for the option in data type defenition where in we will be having details option and give option for white space as collapse and check the result.

Regards,

Sekhar.