Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert rule not working! Please help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a Async XI scenario IDOC ---> XI -

> JMS

In order to receive alerts if JMS adapter or server is down, I have configured alert rule in runtime workbench. The associated alert category is setup correctly with fixed recipients.

Following are the settings in my alert rule.

1. Conditions: Connected to message - Not Relevant

Sender component: I have given my IDOC source system.

Receiver component : I have given by JMS target system.

Remaining all values: *

2. Where did the error occur? : No Restriction

Now for testing purpose if I give a junk server name in JMS communication channel and send the IDOC from source system, then I found that the corresponding XI message is showing as successfully processed. AT the same time in communication channel monitoring in runtime workbench I get an error:

Error creating JMS connection. JMS provider gave error message as Failed to connect to the server

But I don't receive any alert. Why? Is there anything wrong with the alert rule?

Why is the message in XI showing successfully processed even though there is an error in adapter?

Is this the normal behavior of any Async communication?

Please help! I am struggling with this issue for a long time.

I will be grateful if somebody can help me.

Thanks & Regards

Gopal

Edited by: GOPAL BALIGA on Mar 23, 2009 9:31 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gopal,

try generating dummy error in some other interface and chk is the e-mail gets sent..

if yes then there is some problem with this specific interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

But I don't receive any alert. Why? Is there anything wrong with the alert rule?

Did you check if the alert configuration works without any parameters (specific to your scenario).

You can test it by executing the report RSALERTTEST .

did you receive the alert atleast once? just wondering if you have checked "supress multiple alerts" checkbox and testing the scenario repeatedly

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Gopal,

you have a couple of questions...

1. Even thought the receiver communica channel is in error , why is the moni showing successfully processed?

Ans...This is not an unusual behavior... what is happening is as your mapping is correct the message is passing through the IE properly but when the adapter engine ( JMS receiver channel ) tries to coomunicate with the receiver JMS system it is giving error ..as u have given some wrong server details

2. Alert e-mail not received

chk whether the alert catergory u created is attached to your alert rule..

you can do this in the alert configuration tab in the RWB

Also you need to activate your alert rule ..this again can be done in alert config tab..there is a chkbox of "rule activation".

Givind points is another way to say thanks

Edited by: Tarang Shah on Mar 23, 2009 9:46 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev/Tarang,

I have tested my alert category using the FM SALERT_CREATE and it has generated email alert.

There is no problem with the alert category.

My alert rule is also active.

But I am using the same alert category for multiple alert rules and all the alert rules are active. Is this the root cause?

Please help!

Regards

Gopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

try defining only one alert rule with no restriction and do not check the Supress multiple alerts for this rule option for your alert category..........then see if your alert for comm channel error is getting generated or not.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried this also. I just defined only one alert rule. But still alert is not triggering.

Please help

Regards

Gopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

check if the services sxms_alertrules and alertinbox are activated in transaction SICF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Alert is getting triggered but after after some time has elapsed (10 minutes). On checking the log i found that alert is getting triggered when 3 retries or attempts to connect to JMS server has failed. And the time duration between these retries are too long.

I think this is due to some adapter settings. Where can I find this setting?

Thanks

Gopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think this is due to some adapter settings. Where can I find this setting?

when you click on the channel in communication channel monitoring, next to the short log, there is a "settings" tab. Here you can change the retry settings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is general configuration for adapters which by default tries to resubmit 3 or 5 times and time interval between these retries can also be configured from VA. AFCore properties

if you want to check you retry intervals and gaps between each run

go to MessagingSystem check the audit log

http://host:port/MessagingSystem/monitor/monitor.jsp

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

just check whether your alert is getting generated in any case - means if msg mapping errors out, then you are getting an alert or not................if you are getting the alert in msg mapping error case but not in CC error case, then just click on change rule and save your alert rule.........then re-run your scenario.

Why is the message in XI showing successfully processed even though there is an error in adapter? - It is because your msg was processed by msg pipeline service but it is erroring in comm channel in adapter engine and the msg you see in SXMB_MONI is the msg status in integration engine and not adapter engine.........

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta