Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query regarding configuring Alerts

arkesh_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to configure the alerts step by step according to the link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/49/cbfb40f17af66fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

But now i am stuck at a step (step6) where it talks abt triggering the alerts.

I need to configure an SMTP mail Server in SAP so that the alerts raised will be sent to my mailbox. For that i need to provide the details of icm/server_port_<> = PROT=SMTP,PORT=<port>* and is/SMTP/virt_host_<> = <host>:<port>,<port>,...;*

Where can i find those details? Kindly help me in this regard.

Thanks,

Arkesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

arkesh_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I got what i was looking for.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SMTP host is the hostname of your XI system where you are configuring your alerts.........

SMTP port is the port of SMTP service - in XI, run transaction SMICM..then click on Goto - services....there you will see your SMTP service and its port.......if you are not seeing SMTP here, it means SMTP service is not activated in your system....so ask your basis guys to activate SMTP service in your XI system.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

arkesh_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please tell me what is the DOMAIN NAME of my SAP XI System. Where can i find that ?

Thanks,

Arkesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need XI hostname and not XI domain name for your alert configuration...........XI hostname is the XI server name...........

Anyways, if you want to know the XI domain name, then go to SLD, open technical system, choose Exchange Infrastructure as technical system type, here you will see your XI system domain.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will be able to find those details in SMICM transaction.

Go to Services in that.

Or you can ask these details to your Basis team

they will be able to help you in this.

Thanks,

Hetal

arkesh_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi hetal,

The problem is that, We do not have a BASIS Team here and i am responsible for configuring Alerts. I'll check the transaction SCICM and then get back to you with my queries.

Thanks,

Arkesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you cheked these blogs

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--troubleshooting-guide

Rajesh