cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can i use classic and extended classic in the same client

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai friends,

can i use classic and extended classic in the same client.my sir said that if u want to use extended classic scenario u should run the badi .but i dont know how to run the badi.is there any complexity to run a badi.actually as a a functional consultant we dont know how to run a badi,isnt it?if possible can u give me the steps to make local po(extended scenario).thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

peter_novoth
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, this is possible. You will need to activate the BAdI BBP_EXTLOCALPO_BADI. Here an example for the implementation (in case of product category ABC or XYZ the extended classic scenario is taken, otherwise the classic).

method IF_EX_BBP_EXTLOCALPO_BADI~DETERMINE_EXTPO.

clear: bbp_extpo_gl-bbpexpo,
        bbp_extpo_gl-mandt.

data: cat_guid type COMT_CATEGORY_GUID,
        category type COMT_CATEGORY.

cat_guid = ITEM_DATA-CATEGORY.

CALL FUNCTION 'COM_CATEGORY_READ'
    EXPORTING
      iv_category_guid = cat_guid
    IMPORTING
      es_category      = category
    EXCEPTIONS
      OTHERS           = 0.

if
* category ABC
     category-CATEGORY_ID EQ 'ABC' OR
* category XYZ
     category-CATEGORY_ID EQ 'XYZ'.

bbp_extpo_gl-bbpexpo = 'X'.
    bbp_extpo_gl-mandt   = sy-mandt.
    return.
  endif.

endmethod.

The customizing entry for the extended classic scenario (Supplier Relationship Management-> SRM Server-> Cross-Application Basic Settings-> Activate Extended Classic Scenario) should not be flagged.

Regards,

Peter

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may also Activate Extended Classic scenario. In this case, the system will be predominantly in Extended Classic scenario & can be temporarily switched to Classic scenario, based on certain conditions / Events.

We have a standard BADI that will help us to switch the system to Classic.

Cheers,

Akash.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use both the classic & Extended classic scenario in the same client. It depends on the total load. Please check with your BASIS Team.

give me the steps to make local po(extended scenario)

Classic Scenario /Extended classic scenario depends on the Prodcut category Customization

In SPRO-SRM server->Technical basic settings -> Define Backend systems for product category

defines your system is CLASSIC (or) Extended Classic

You define the Product category : Eg Stationery items -group in Back end system then your system is

CLASSIC Scenario

If the Product category is for Plan Driven procurement for other groups: then it is Extended classic.

To Run BADI please contact your SAP ABAP persons

Regards

G.Ganesh Kumar

SRM Consultant.