cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM Server Client Setup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SRM Gurus,

This is the first time I'm implementing SRM and I'm wondering what the ideal setup is with the servers.

Normally for ERP implementations, we have a Sandbox Client, Customizing Client, QA Client, and a Production Client. Testings are done in Sandbox and QA clients before transporting to Production.

However in SRM, there are elements specific to the Production client which you cannot test in Sandbox or QA like connectivity and validity of data transfer in between systems. I'm restricted because normally we cannot create test data in Production servers.

I'm wondering what the ideal setup is? And how do you do your testing? How do you ensure whatever is working in Sandbox/Dev/QA works in the Production client?

Regasrds,

Marvin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SRM also you can follow the same process which you follwed in ERP implementations,

You can have sanbox client,customizing client,QA client and Production client its depend up on your

requirements..In Quality system you can test with test data.

All user data and master data replications can do in production system and copy this produciton system ( system copy ) as quality system..

Thanks

prasad.s

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone got any ideas? To put it simply, how do you test if whatever is setup in Production server actually works without creating documents?

It's weird I know but this is how it is.

Regards,

Marvin