Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Info on Java Section

former_member10771
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Under Message Mapping there is a tab Edit Java Sections . Under that there are three sections

Global Variables , Initialization and Clean Up Section. Can anyone please provide me some details on this .

I mean what is the kind of scenario when this section is used in mapping.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

For this particular information SAP Help is the best site.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/EN/ee/bf9640dc522f28e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

With the use of Java Edit section, you can define the global variables that can be used with UDFs on runtime.

Also you may write the intitialization code and clean-up code which can be used at the time of Method execution.

PS note : Please don't mind......but I would like to request you, before posting the questions please use the search facility on SDN. Most of the time these topics where already discussed & you will get the answers...;-))

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you like to declare a global varaible for your mappings then in that case you can edit the defined global variable usng the edit option.

Clean up i think(not sure) for releasing memory variable if at all declared like final block.

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Initialization is used to instantiate your msg mapping during runtime.........

Global variables is used to define global variables to be used in msg mapping...........

Cleanup is used to clean the Java resources used in invoking the msg mapping during the runtime after the msg mapping is done for your msg in XI.............

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use this function to specify global variables and additional Java sections for all Java functions. The mapping runtime first includes the Java packages specified under Imports. You can enter the same packages entered for a user-defined function. Then the mapping runtime declares the variables entered as global variables and executes the sections in the following order:

1. Initialization section

2. Message mapping

3. Cleanup section