cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP Files to AS400 server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone

I have a requirement to deliver some data to AS400 sever as a fixed length file. I have configured a communication channel with adapter for this purpose. XI delivers the file correctly. But content is unreadable.

If anyone knows how to configure FTP communication channel to deliver a file to AS400 , please help me.

Thanks & Regards

Shantha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thank you very much for the reply. I can see the file in AS400. But content is not readable. I can see data in some funy characters. I thought we might have to convert data to EBCDIC format or something to do with codepage.

Hope this will help you to understand my problem.

Thanks & Regards

Shantha Bandara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I tried with following parameters and it worked. Thank you for trying to help me.

1. Transfer Mode = Text

2. File type = text.

Thanks & Regards

Shantha Bandara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the content of the inbound file within XI server from message payload. if it's ok, check if the file has any special characters.

Thanks,

Subhajit.

JoelTrinidade
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shantha,

AS400 or anything else will not make any difference. File server is the end thing. If you has to mention that there was a problem in reading the file by AS400 , things would have been different but since you say that file itself is unreadable. I wonder what is that ????

Please give more info.

Regards

joel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Transferring file to AS400 is same as ftp transfer to any other file server,I have done this and i dont see any issues for this like unreadeable format.

They hierarachy strucute is different from ftp server structure like directory/file ,they will have some folder/libraray/......

Did you verified with AS400 team that file is in correct place and any problems in reading data

Rajesh