cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration of XI and BW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to send data to BW using XI. My XI and BW server work on the same physical server( on the same Web AS instance). Do I need to create two separate logical system for BW and XI. Is it possible do so?

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,

Anand

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

You need to define your XI as the Integration server and BW as the application system in SXMB_ADM (u need to run the tcode in both XI and BW)

Also search for Integrate BW via XI & How to Push Data into BW from XI pdf files in SDN

ShaBZ

REF:

Message was edited by: Shabarish Vijayakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Shabarish and sapknowledge,

Thanks for your replies.

But my specific question is not answered there, which is "Do I need to create two separate logical system for BW and XI?"

Right now I have only one logical system for both XI and BW.

Is there anything wrong with it?

Regards and thanks

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand

You don't need to create two seperate logical systems for BW and XI.

Best Regards

Paresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paresh,

If it is not required, then how do I configure a local integration engine for BW (define BW as application system) and configure an integration engine as integration server for XI. Because as far as I know integration server in XI can communicate with only a local integration server in BW. When I assign integration engine as integration server I am no longer able to assign an application system.

Please give the step by step procedure to do that in my scenario(configure a local integration engine for BW (define BW as application system) and configure an integration engine as integration server for XI.)

Regards,

Anand

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

I am a bit confused about you mentioning about the logical systems. But about configuring BW as the application system run the tcode sxmb_adm in BW and do as i specified in my earlier post same in case of XI but Xi will be defined as your integration server.

ShaBZ

PS: i hope this is the info you are looking at.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabarish,

How do I differentiate between the BW sxmb_adm tcode and XI sxmb_adm. Because when I run this tcode in my server( as XISUPER and BW_USER) I am going to the same screen ie. Integration Engine Administration. But if I am to configure business system as application system as BW_USER, I am getting the same configuration when I login as XISUPER and run sxmb_adm and I am not able to change it. How will I resolve this issue?

Regards,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ananad,

Refer to link below for more details

Data Transfer Using SAP XI

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/b2/e50138fede083de10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm