cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow Scripts To Run But Prevent General VB Programs From Logging On

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are considering using standard SAP scripting so that we can load data from EXCEL spreadsheets. We are in a 4.7 environment. This allows VB scripts in general to run against our system. Is there any way to restrict these scripts to be those that are in a spreadsheet and run when the user is already logged on, and to prevent general VB scripts from logging on and running against the system.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are often better ways of transfering data if this is a once-off or even periodic load. Perhaps if you ask a more detailed question in the ABAP Data Transfers forum then you will find help (you might want to mention that you don't want to use IDOCs...

Specifically for SAPGui scripting, another option is to only permit it temporarily - the param sapgui/user_scripting is dynamic. So you can leave it FALSE in RZ10 and switch it in RZ11.

Alternately, you can take a look at param sapgui/user_scripting_per_user in RZ11 and the object S_SCR in SU21.

If you really want to restrict a specific user from running some types of scripts but not others... then I would think that you will need to have complete control over their client side and engineer (and manage) the script for them. Sort of defeats the purpose...

Still... if you can find a BAPI with a complete interface for your scenario - my recommendation would be to go that way.

Cheers,

Julius

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks - you have confirmed what I suspected but appreciate the response.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks - my guess is that we will keep scripting closed and then open it when we use it. We are on the 6.20 GUI and the user based scripting authority did not come in until later versions.