cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when Replacing records

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SDNers,

When I am trying to import records into MDM with the option "REPLACE" it is giving an error.

Error - You may not replace records when key mapping is in effect

Any Help.

Thanks

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

As rightly mentioned in the error message You are not allowed to replace Remote key.

Logically it makes sense as the Remote key field is holding the Remote system ids for all the incoming records.

Based on this REmote key several operations and imports may be dependent which will be affected if the Remote key are replaced.

It is not a general practice to Replace Remote key values and so MDM does not permit it.

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simona,

This is my exact problem.

Ex: in MDM I have a Record like this :

FName LName Key1 Male Female

Sri Har 1 1

The same record syndicated to CRM .

Sri Har 1 1

After that Record got updated in CRM from Male to female.

Sri Har 1 1

The same record came to MDM for Updation.

When Importing records in MDM based on Remote key(Key 1) with Update (All Mapped Fields) option.

After Importing MDM Syndicating record like this

FName-LName-Key1-Male-Female

Sri -Har - 1 - 1 - 1

Record with both Male and Female.

The Syndicated record should not have Male. it will be only female.

I thought to use Replace option. But I am not able to use Replace option. It is giving as error like this :

Error - You may not replace records when key mapping is in effect

Any solution...

Thanks Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Why have you maintained two fields for male and female.

Instead make a common field of data type boolean and assign them values Male and Female for values 0 and 1.

Select the import action as update all mapped fields.

Now in syndicator once the value of the field is changed since the last syndiction, select the map property as supress unchanged records.This will not syndicate all records, but only the changed once.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Minaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Minaz,

I am in Production support. Its a change request.

Right now based on remote key only I am importing Data to MDM with (Update all mapped fields) Option.

But in current scenario if in that record male is already present. for the second time if the record got changed into Female then MDM is syndicating both male and Female because of (Update all Mapped Fields option). I want to replace record with Replace Option. Any help.

Can you explain little bit clearly...

Thanks

Ravi

Edited by: Ravi Kumar on Mar 26, 2009 7:01 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Minaz,

When Designing they design like that. The record will come from CRM either male or female but they wont send any Value. Just they will send value like this X. If the value X in Male then in MDM under Male field 1 will be there. If under female the vale X means Female field will update with 1. But in my case with Update Mapped fileds option it is updting both Male and Female.

Problem:

I want only either Male or Female only.

If the record already existed in MDM with Male. If the same record updated with Female then in MDM the record should be updated with only Female. In my case it is updaitng both male and female with 1.

I thought If I use Repalce option it may use. I tried to use Replace opiton with Matching field as Remote Key. Then it is giving error like this.

Error : You may not replace records when key mapping is in effect

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Hopefully I have understood your requirement. Your problem is when CRM makes the change from Male to Female and sends the File, under the Male section the 1 is removed and value becomes Null.

But when you use the "Update All mapped fields" options, it doesnt update the Null value stored in your new CRM record under the Male Column in MDM repository.

Unfortunately I do not have access to MDM software right now. However, I can faintly remember that I had faced this issue. Probably you can find the solution in Import Manager Configuration options.

Open your import Map and Go to the Option - "Default NULL Interpretation" which means -

The default setting for whether NULLs in source data are

ignored or used to overwrite existing values:

􀂃 Ignore NULLs

􀂃 Overwrite Existing Values with NULLs

You can choose the option as Overwrite Existing Values with NULLs. This will hopefully meet the requirement.

Kindly Note : Since you have mentioned that you are working for production support, I think you cannot change the Type of field as Boolean as mentioned in some post above as you would have to delete th field to change its type.

Also Please note that try my option of config option first in test environment. Dont try directly on prod Environment. I feel it should work.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

If I use Overwrite Existing Values with NULLs small Example.

Fname - Lname - Male - Female.

Sri--

Har--

This record is there in MDm and CRM. In CRM they changed to Female like

Sri--

Har--

Now This record will come to MDM for Update. If I use Overwrite Existing Values with NULLs this option. Then it will update Fname, Lname, Male to Null and Female with 1 value will be syndicated right.

Am I Correct. If I am worng please correct me.

In this case my output will be like this :

-

I want output like this From MDM.

Sri--

Har--

Thanks

Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Nitin,

I tired with this option also Overwrite Existing Values with NULLs.

I am getting same old error.

Thanks

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

If you have mapped the source field with the remote key value and set the import action to replace,you will not be allowed to replace the existing records with the source fields.

To perform the replace import action, map the unique source field to a non remote key.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Minaz