cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

helping docs/explanation on Resend mechnism and SLA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want some documents on Resend mechanism and SLA.

Resend mechanism:-If the message lands into some error then the interface should re triggered.I want some more explanation on this.

SLA : ???????

Please help me wz some docs.

Rgds

Veeru

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Experts,

> I want some documents on Resend mechanism and SLA.

>

> Resend mechanism:-If the message lands into some error then the interface should re triggered.I want some more explanation on this.

you can resend your messages from RWB - > component monitoring -> integration engine - Test messages.

Paste the payload and provide details like sender namespace, system etc.

>

> SLA : ???????

>

> Please help me wz some docs.

>

> Rgds

> Veeru

SLA is service level agreement - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Service_level_agreement

but i guess since this is an XI forum you mean the SLD rather than the SLA. Is it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

BY using SLA ,i mean what is the method to do error recovery in an XI interface.Its not SLD.:)

Thanks

Veeru

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) Check out this for reprocessing related queries

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/29/xi-how-to-re-process-failed-xi-messages-automatically

2) The SLAs in your case should be business process specific. It is based on the criticality of the interfaces involved. You should consult with your business team to decide upon the mechanism needed for each individual interfaces.

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

viru ,

you can restart message in the following ways :

1. if the message in the error in the moni ... you can first clear that error maybe do a change ion the message mapping and then restart the message from the moni....

2. there are chances that sometimes the error in moni not relted to the mapping and hence no restartable then there are two options :

1. you can resend your messages from RWB - > component monitoring -> integration engine - Test messages.

2. Reprocess the whole message again...maybe pick up the file from archive folder and place it again in the source dir..