cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selecting Top N records in a table using a slider or drop down list

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a query that displays 1000 records ( say) in VC iview.

Can i have a drop down list in the variable form to control the number of records displayed in the output table by the user .

or can i have a horizaontal slider ( Min value is 2 -max 1000) to display the number of records in the output table selected by the horizaontal slider.

basically iam having a requirement to give the user the capability to select the Top N records of the output table...where the user enters the N value in Drop downlist of variable form or user slides the N value using Horizontal slider

Thnaks

P.Navakanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use the "Upper" operator to limit the top number records displayed in your output table. Just drag it between your data source and your output table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What you have given is right but this is static solution. In Upper if you select 20 then always it will be 20. At run time you cannot change the 'N' value in Top N'.

Regards

Sandeep

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes it is possible. First you need to create 'Condition' in BEx query where you have to create 'TOP N' & 'N' should be a variable input. Then you will get this in 'Variable Screen' of a query. In VC for this same variable you can use slider. Use 'Select' function in the 'Action' of the slider & pass it to require table/graph.

Try this, this will give you the required result.

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you tried this? All still some other error is there?

Regards

Sandeep