cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posting change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear WM friends,

1.There are open posting change notices found in LU04, but when I try to create transfer orders directly from LU04, the system will throw message " select atleast one storage type first" message numebr is L3284. But if we check the stock in LS26 for the same material and batch as displayed in posting change notice , there is no entry or stock available.

2.There are positive and negative quants shown in LX02 for some materials and batches in storage type 922 nad 920. I need to get rid of all these stocks displayed in 922 (TR-zone) and 920( transfer) area.

Kindly expalin how to resolve this problem.

Warm Regards,

Sampath

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

1.In LU04 for creating TO you need to select storage type where your stock is laying & have to process further for TO creation. The message is informative.When you do IM transactions system post stock in 922 .you have to create the TO through LU04 & move stock to bin to clear the PCN.

2.Please check how these stocks are posted .I belive these stocks may be due to IM posting which created PCN in WM but not converted into TO. Once you clear all PCN through LU04 ,these stocks should get clear.

Regards,

PRashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sampath -

Answer for your queries

1. There are open posting change notices but you are not able to create transfer order, it means the transfer order is already created without reference to PCN. In this case you'll not able to create TO now with ref to PCN. So only way is to go in PCN via LU02 and make status of PCN as 'U' - closed.

2. 922 stock will appear in WM when posting change notice generates, so with this '+' and '-' stock you may see in the WM stock. Now if you are not able to create TO with ref to PCN it mean again TO is already created. In this case you identify the + and - stock and by manual TO by LT01 add stock from + quant to - quant and nullify it. take care while doing this if you are using batch management. Same batch to be transfered from + to -

Hope this solves your issue.

Regards

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amol,

Thanks very much for your reply.

Since there are open posting change notices in the system, we can close the open PCN by changing the status to "U".

But still + and - stock remains in 922 and 920 area for which no open posting open change notices and no open transfer orders are available.This might be due to wrong postings in WM. Kindly explain the concept of + and - quants in detail for better understanding.

The question now is since the stocks showing in 922 and 920 area has to be cleared without posting to any physical storage type or bin since physically there is no stock available in any of the storage type.

Kindly help me to solve this issue .

Warm Regards

Sampath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sampath -

when any of the movement happened in IM leading to stock type change then it creates PCN in WM. So it is recommended that the transaction LU04 needs to be reviewed regularly so that to clear PCN created.

For your query, will take example as stock in IM is transffered from 'Quality' to 'Unrestricted'. So when you do MB1B in IM it will create PCN in WM. So '+' stock it will show in 'Q' in WM while '-' stock it will show in 'Unrestricted'. Now when you will create and confirm TO w.r.t. PCN then this + and - gets nullified. Now anyhow you have not created TO w.r.t. PCN then follow next procedure.

1. material 'A with batch 1 shows + and - stock. Here you need to create a manual TO from LT01 and enter material, batch and quantity and Source sto type same as stock in '+' and destination storage type as in '-' and confrim TO. This will nullify the + and - stock.

2. material A with batch 1 shows only '-' stock. Here you need to create againmanual TO and source sto type as any of the '+' stock with batch 1 and destination as same as '-' and confirm TO.

Please remember movement in WM will not harm you in accounting so you can move any stock will not create problem. Only take care that the sum of the stock should not get reduced.

Hope this answers your query.

Regards

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amol,

For your reply below, i have a small clarification.

2. material A with batch 1 shows only '-' stock. Here you need to create again manual TO and source sto type as any of the '+' stock with batch 1 and destination as same as '-' and confirm TO.

But in my system, there is only negative stock and no positive stock of the same batch 1 to create and confirm the TO. How do we go ahead in this scenario.

Waiting for your reply

Warm Regards,

Sampath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sampath,

I am facing the same problem too. Have you ever resolved this issue? How did you delete the PCN's which are only - in stock and no +ve stock? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check if any Non confirmed TOs exist for that warehouse in LT23 (Only open TOs) and confir m the pending TOs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When create the TO with the posting change, you should assign the souce storage type and destination storage type with 922 and 920, then go to the next step!

Good luck

Tao