Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiver and Interface determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My senario is File to IDOC and mail.

The condition here is the count of Idoc generated has to be sent as a mail and the mail has to be sent only after the IDoc has been generated successfully.

So i am using two receiver services one is for IDOC and other is for mail and in one receiver determination I am refering TWO reciver Service without any condition.

now i have to use only one interface determination to maintain the order at runtime. so that the interface mapping for mail will be triggered only after the Idoc interfacemapping is successfull.

but in receiver agreement i am not able to refer the Receiver channel for Mail. because the receiver service is still poiting to the Idoc Serveice.

Plz advice.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! sujatha anandhan,

If your requirement satisfies any one of the answers given by the above experts means please let us know If your query resolved and if resolved which solution satisfies your requirement and assign respective poitns to those experts...

I fyou provide the solution as your conclusion it will be definetely helpful to the future viewers as references.

Regards::

Amar Srinivas Eli

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear sujhata,

Did this work?

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sujhata,

The solution for this is as below ;

1. create only one receiver business system ( ABAP system for idoc) 
2. create both the idoc and mail receiver channels in the business system created above...
3. use two inbound interfaces ..one for idoc and other for mail...2 interface mappings with " maintain order at runtime
4. Create 2 receiver agreements 
   a. source sys + receiver ABAP business system + inbound MI for idoc + idoc channel
   b. source sys + receiver ABAP business ssytem + inbound MI for mail + mail channel.

in short, an ABAP business system can be used as third party system as well. This would work.

If u are using the business services..same should apply as well.

Giving points is another way to say thanks

Edited by: Tarang Shah on Mar 21, 2009 4:15 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I think the above requirement will also work by using a simple BPM. just try with below steps.

Steps in BPM::

1. Receive step to receive File from a third party by using File Sender CC.

2. SEND ASYNCH step to send IDOC generated Structure data.

3. Before going to next step please find any constant value which will be coming into IDOC from file that

means for example if your IDOC cotnains any field like ORDER_Generated_By or

GENERATED_BY:: AMAR name is same in all the data that is coming into IDOC remember that Field

Name name and insert it in the swtich statement condition editor.

4. Now Insert Switch Condition with 2 branches A & B,

a) Branch A contains control statement and this branch executes only if the condition statisfies with

If that IDOC Field lets say name XXXX is equal to constant value AMAR then raise/throws an alert

mail by uising Control Step.

b) In Branch B also you ill be including Control Step but this control Step will says that MAIL

INDICATION No IDOC is generated by using another control step.

5) Remaining all other configurations like 2 receiver agreements and every thing aare same.

6) But you need to confgure ALert configuration settings okay.

You can also achive this by using without BPM.::

In ID part:: you need to enter a condition in Receiver Determination with two receiver business systems and that condition will be once the IDOC field like XXXXX(generated_by is equal to some constant like AMAR ) then it needs to active the Mail Business System.

but this would be little but confusion and but u can achive the above requirement by using simple BPM.

Note:: Only diadvantage will be some performance issue will come if goes through BPM but it works

very 100 systamatic way because you can review where exactly your Scenario strucks and also

u can check whether your IDOC generated or not whether mail sent or not in the BPM WORK

FLOW in the BUSINESS PROCESS ENGINE.

Regards::

Amar Srinivas Eli

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

but in receiver agreement i am not able to refer the Receiver channel for Mail. because the receiver service is still poiting to the Idoc

You will need two receiver agreements...one for idoc service and other for mail...cannot include both the channels in the same receiver agreement..also you cannot the sender / receiver information from the Agreement or Routing components....you need to define a different one for each different pair of sender - receiver.....

So i am using two receiver services one is for IDOC and other is for mail and in one receiver determination I am refering TWO reciver Service without any condition

I don't think this configuration will work as you have mentioned both the receiver services in the same Receiver Determination....here the message will be send to both the services at the same time and as the message structure will have a mismatch (different for IDOC and different for Mail) you will get an error.

regards,

Abhishek.

Edited by: abhishek salvi on Mar 21, 2009 7:27 PM