Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PGI Should get block - without material cost in material master

lakshmikanthc2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The scenario is we want to show error message while doing PGI if the material does not have any material cost in material master. How it is possible? Will we able to do with standards?

Scenario: Material cost is nil in the material master, system should through error message if it do PGI for that material.

Please let us know to solve it out.

Thanks and Regards

Lakshmikanth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

lakshmikanthc2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

No development or config done for this, just trained users on this about VPRS in sales order.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmikanth

What you are asking is post operation. Rather it would be better if you initiative preventive action by making the cost fields as mandatory in material master via OMS9.

By doing so, without the cost, no material masters can be created and parallely, all sale orders will have material cost of the respective material code.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member266852
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your problem can be solve by using USEREXIT for delivery document by using USEREXIT_READ_DOCUMENT with ABAPer to make that if field MBEW -VERPR is initial then system must through error.

Regards

Shambhu Sarkar

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmikanth

If you want to show an error message while doing PGI then with the help of quality management you can block the PGI and then release the QM and after releasing the block only you can do the PGI

Check the following link

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/EN/5d/2db434d6e3681ae10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm]

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

IF it is regarding Material cost estimate involving CK11n, CK24

then consult u r CO guy they can do the settings but it wont allow u to post the accounting entries after creating billing

but it is not possible to block PGI without material cost estimate

regards

lakshmikanthc2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is not related to Material cost estimate actually. The client wants to block the PGI if the material cost not available in material master. Some times users not maintaing the material costs. For avoiding this issue they wants this functionality.

Thank and Regards

Lakshmikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Do u mean material Standard price or Moving price

i think these fields are already mandatory\

regards

lakshmikanthc2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If they don't maintain Any on of this we have to block PGI. We have checked the fields are not mandator. With out maintaining any value in this fileds i can save the material master and i can do create sales process alos.

Regards

Lakshmikanth

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear friend

According to me this should not be SD consultants worry at all

1.The moving ave price or standard price needs to be mentioned in MMR by MM people depending on the material type and valuation class choosen and whether you are choosing accounting view

2.Most of the material types which comes for sales like FERT i dont think you can save their Material master records without mentioning either standard price or moving ave price in the accounting view

(It really surprises me that there is a material available for sale without mentioning either standard price or moving ave price in the accounting view of its master record) ( What i mean is it is already mandatory )

If not made then in OMS9 you can make it as mandatory

All these should solve your purpose

From SD side you can include VPRS condition type in the pricing procedure which will be statistical

Try changing that to mandatory and see what is the impact

I think now at sales order level itself you can control

Regards

Raja