cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date Transfor Properties issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have used date transformation property in my mapping as source date as yyyyMMdd to target date as yyyy-MM-dd. if i open and close the date transform properties screen (ofcourse, didnu2019t make any changes, either to the source or target date format), the dateformat is getting blanked out automatically. The java version which Iu2019m using is 1.5.0_06-b05.

Please let us know as to how to avoid this type of unintentional change, if we happen to open the datetransform or any other format specific properties screen, which blank out the format.

Regards,

Anitha M

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is just normal sugestion, after u change the date format in the editor please please space. once i have solved this type of problem in my server. but i am not sure how far this solution is useful

Thank You,

Madhav

Note: Points If Useful.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

see if you are using Date Transform or any other function which have a propety inside it and you change it and activate your msg mapping, then again when you open it, it will remain the same which your last activate msg mapping has.............

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It will remain the same with last activate msg mapping.But why its getting blanked out automatically.How to avoid this type of unintentional change.

regards,

anitha.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even I have faced this particular problem many times:(.....and what i do is.....

Once the transformation is applied I save and activate the mapping there itself....and further do not touch this transformation part....and after every change and activation of the mapping I specifically check for the Date transformation to assure that it not changed....works in this manner only (for me)....still searching for the reason:(

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

But why its getting blanked out automatically.How to avoid this type of unintentional change. - I think what is happening in your XI system is that when you open your msg mapping in IR, then your date transform properties is showing blank but at this stage also if you close your mapping without doing any change, your msg is still getting processed as you defined your date transform initially...........so if this is the case, then i think it is some memory related issue in your XI server.......please ask your basis guys to check the XI J2EE logs to see if any error occurred when you are opening your msg mapping in IR.........if there is any error in your XI J2EE logs, then ask your basis guys to rectify it.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Without doing any changes in mapping it will work fine but in case if we edit it and do some changes in someother fields and activate it,source date format becomes blank(though we may have opened this when its not in edit mode) and it gets saved so.It will throw an error when we doing testing even though if we don't make any changes, either to the source or target date format.

what is the expected java version for pi 7.0.i'm using 1.5.0_06-b05.

Reagrds,

anitha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

your java version 1.5 is okay for PI7.0 .........so ask your basis guys to check the XI J2EE logs to see what error is happening on editing your msg mapping..............i think it is some kind of memory issue.... just try this also - open msg mapping, edit some other field mapping, do not open the date transform parameter , then save and activate it......then send a msg and see if the msg is getting processed or throwing error in SXMB_MONI and not in msg mapping test tab........if still the same error remains, then ask your basis guys to check your XI server J2EE logs.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would suggest to use java version 1.4.xx instead of 1.5.

Regards,

Prateek