Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorizations for sending and receiving IDOCs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear gurus,

I know there is a SAP note which explains some minimum requirements for sending and receiving IDOCs, but after very stuborn searching I need some help.

Does anyone have insights into this? I was hoping that the note would be a related note to 460089, but it isn't, and I cannot find it

Background information: the processing of the IDOCs is in a seperate step via a job, but in other cases the connection is triggering the processing in it's own context. We are considering segregating the connections and users, but if there is no security gain from it for those specific scenarios then we would use a different approach with broader client side security.

The idea is to keep the number of connections to a sustainable level, without mixing too many conflicting scenarios (ALE, BAPI, various file transfer methods, etc).

Cheers,

Julius

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Had just worked this last week, and referred this [helpful doc.|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d08a5ac8-9616-2a10-948f-b0d80f439d24]

Forgive me if you were looking for something else and I ended up giving you a document which you wrote!

0 Kudos

Thanks Abhishek, looking further in SDN as well is a good idea which I should have thought of!

It is usefull, but not exactly the one I am looking for. I am pretty sure there was a SAP note with more detailed information to check the authorizations against for the different scenarios and at which point the application authorizations would be required in addition to various B_ALE* auths.

Cheers,

Julius

ps: If I had written that document there would be more spelling mistakes in it. So it was not me..

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> I was hoping that the note would be a related note to 460089, but it isn't, and I cannot find it

>

I asked a colleague to take a fresh look in SMP... because I had "searcher's block"... D'oh!

It's not a related note of 460089, it's inside SAP note 460089 --> at the bottom of the current version.

Sorry about silly question.

Cheers,

Julius