cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding extra fields in ESS overview of Personal Data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I am trying to add some extra fields on the overview of the personal data i-view.

I have already been able to add simple extra fields like first name or last name, but the problem I have is when I try to add a field like Country for example all I can get is the Country Code (i.e. DE) but I want the description (i.e. Germany) like it shows on all the other screens.

Currently I am using this code:

String bizcardField1 = wdThis.wdGetAPI().getComponent().getTextAccessor().getText("BizcardField1");

String bizcardFieldn = wdThis.wdGetAPI().getComponent().getTextAccessor().getText("BizcardFieldn");

BizcardFieldInfo(bizcardField1, "Vorna"),

new BizcardFieldInfo(bizcardField2, "Nachn"), ......

new BizcardFieldInfo(bizcardFieldn, "Gblnd")}

wdThis.wdGetFcPersInfoInterface().CreateOverview(

wdThis.wdGetContext().nodeInfotypeList(),

view,

fieldInfo,

"");

Does anybody know if this is possible?

Thanks a lot for all your help.

Regards,

Juan Daniel Riveros R.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JR

yes you are right. You wont get if you put the code "Gblnd" (Country) backend field element in the Overview screen. Some issue with application SAP has released Notes or Raise OSS message for SAP. Country Desc is coming from RFCS as codes for Germany = DE.

Serach for SAP Note in the Market Place.

Regards

-SS

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Curious if anyone has solved this issue. I'm facing the similar problem.

Regards,

Subhadip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To get the description of the dropdown field ,use the below mentioned code.

I create one value attribute named dropdownValue and in the type of this context put one simpletype(populating value from simple type) and create one dropdownbyKey with putting this context value attribute to the selectedKey property

IModifiableSimpleValueSet ValueSet =wdContext.nodeDropdown().getNodeInfo().getAttribute("dropdownValue").getModifiableSimpleType().getSVServices().getModifiableSimpleValueSet();

for (int i = 0; i < ValueSet.size(); i++) {

Object key = ValueSet.getKey(i);

String desc = ValueSet.getText(i);

wdContext.wdGetAPI().getController().getComponent().getMessageManager().reportSuccess("keyName"+key);

wdContext.wdGetAPI().getController().getComponent().getMessageManager().reportSuccess("Desc"+desc);

}

Then execute that code.

You will see the desc of the dropdown in the msgmgr.

It'll resolve ur problem with the desc.

Thanks

Kanai

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

As u said u deal with simpleType, which is a key-value pair , Due to this u r getting Country code(key) instead of Country name(value).

Best Regards

Satish Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Thanks a lot for your answer, I actually already understood why I was getting the country code instead of the description, my question was actually more towards knowing if there is a way, using the standard overview java functions, to get the country description on the overview screen.

Regards,

Juan Daniel Riveros

Former Member
0 Kudos

What you can do is create a Hasmap in ess~per DC FcPersInfo Component Controller with the key being the Country code and value being the Country value ......and then set the value of the country in the createOverview() method by specifying the key value in the Haspmap.....

Hope it helps.

Shikhil