cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC 5 system copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a situation in which we have ECC 5 running on Windows 2003 32 bit server with SQL server as a database. We dont have java stack running.

Now We would like to go to 64 bit machines and windows 2003 64 bit. The SQL server will remain the same.

In my opinon we have couple of options:

1) Install SAP on new server and restore the database.

2) Install SAP on new server and do the system export from old server. Import it in new server.

What option is good and what are the pro and cons. If there is any documentation available then please let me know.

Thanks

Shafquat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is Option System Copy Export ...

Run istallation --> Then You will Get SAP ERP 2005 Support Rel >Additional Software Life-Cycle Tasks>System Copy-> MS SQL Server->Source System>Central System->Based on AS ABAP

Then You Will Get Exported Data (Like Export Data)

Now you install New System and Use This as Export Data. You will Get Ready to Use system after completion.

Regards,

Gokul Chandola

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pls, check this thread:

Clas outlined possible solutions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are migrating to 64 bit Windows machine from 32 bit, this will be OS-DB migration, you also need to upgrade the DB for 64 bit and SAp for 64 bit.

You need to make hetrogenous system copy since the server HW bit format was changing, homogenous system copy will be recommended only whn OS, HW n DB all remain same in all aspects.

Contact SAP for proper software supported on 64 bit machines. 32 bit software is not suitable for 64bit installations.

Regards......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your system copy involves OS migration from 32bit to 64 bit. To migrate an SAP system from Windows 32-bit to 64-bit , you must make a homogenous system copy for which the target system is installed on a 64-bit operating system.

Go through the SAP note 960769 which gives you clear idea about your problem. For MS SQL migrating from 32bit to 64 bit refer note 666805.

Hope these 2 notes will resolve your queries.

regards,

Sachin Rane.