cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC5 System Copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a situation in which we have ECC 5 running on Windows 2003 32 bit server with SQL server as a database. We dont have java stack running.

Now We would like to go to 64 bit machines and windows 2003 64 bit. The SQL server will remain the same.

In my opinon we have couple of options:

1) Install SAP on new server and restore the database.

2) Install SAP on new server and do the system export from old server. Import it in new server.

What option is good and what are the pro and cons. If there is any documentation available then please let me know.

Thanks

Shafquat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sukhdev_kaloor
Participant
0 Kudos

Install a system with same SID and passwords. Then restore the SQL backup.

SAP system export and import you will lose the transport requests.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member215759
Active Participant
0 Kudos

second one

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shafquat,

You can use system copy procedures to go for 64 bit system. Also, please find SAP note for further information on copying SQL Server database.

[https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=151603]

Hope this helps.

Manoj Chintawar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khan,

I will install MSSQL software and CI on new hardware with 64 bit, then restore the database.

Thanks,

Kiran.

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As you have only ABAP stack install in your source system, so both option can be done easily, but if you will see the process on the first installation you have to install the SAP instance in both case, so it will take approx equal time, If your database size is not so big then i would prefer second option build the export file in source system and import in to new system

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khan,

Would prefer for second option.

Cheers

Deepanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaf,

1st option should be better. First install a new installation on your upgrade base and restore the database in to new system.

Regards

Nick Loy

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I suggest you to do Hetrogenous SYSTEM COPY which is standar sap method when you need to change your sysem os or hardware.

for system copy procedure you need to choose either database spcific or database independent system copy. Separate guide available for it on market place.

Regards,

Nitin Salunkhe