Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales order creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Sales area -

Can we create common sales order for product of division 01 and 02 for same customer?

Please provide solution.

Regards,

Ashish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi desai

U can do this by common division.T code VOR1

Thanks

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish

Sales area -

Can we create common sales order for product of division 01 and 02 for same customer?

What do you mean by this statement?

Here 01 and 02 are header divisions

Item division is different Item division comes from MMR Basic data 1 and mentioned in sales org Data1 also

I will try to explain you

Make these settings

In VOV8 for your order type check division as blank and item division as unticked

Suppose if you are creating an order for a customer X created in sales area 1000,10,01 and you are inputting materials which belongs to

Material A division in MMR is 01

Material B division in MMR is 02

Material C division in MMR is 03

Here the header division is 01 and item divisions are 01,02,03

Check division checks whether Header division and item division are same in the order and if not how to react subsequently

Suppose header division is 01 and item division is 02 (different)

Blank -

> No reaction it allows

A -

> Warning message

B -

> Error message

This is level 1 control

We will keep check division blank in our example

Case 1 Item division is unticked in VOV8

This means for a customer X in sales area 1000,10,01 you can enter any products belonging to divisions 01,02,03,04 in the same sales order as the system is not going to check the item division in MMRs of these materials because item division is unticked

The header division 01 will be vald for all items

Case 2 Item division is ticked in VOV8

Order entered for a customer X in sales area 1000,10,01

Material A division 01 no problem here as header and item division are same

Material B division 02 problem here as header and item division are different

Material C division 03 problem here as vheader and item division are different

For the system to accept this material B there should be a customer Y who lies in 1000,10,02 sales area who will be also a ship to party to this customer X who is in sales area 1000,10,01

Or alternatively your sold to party customer X should be extended to sales area 1000,10,02 in XD01 transaction

Similarly For the system to accept this material C there should be a customer Z who lies in 1000,10,03 sales area who will be also a ship to party to this customer X who is in sales area 1000,10,01

Or alternatively your sold to party customer X should be extended to sales area 1000,10,03 in XD01 transaction

By doing either of these the system will accept those materials.Otherwise there will be error

For better understanding please do it in the system

Note Common division assignment will not check MMR that is item division and it is only for customers and conditions and not materials as Division is not an organizational unit in MMR and it is field inside MMR that is your VOR2 settings

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raja,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I have understood till Case 1.

In case 2: You mention to exted customer to sales area 1000,10,03 in XD01 transaction.

When I try to do this system give error - Sales area is not defined for the customer

How can I extend the customer?

I am following following steps to extend the customer

XD01

Enter A/C group 0001

Customer 100224

Company Code 4500

Sales Area 40108989 (New sales are for which I want to exted the customer 100224)

Reference

Customer 100224

Company Code 4500

Sales Area 40109898

For yopur information : My common Dis Ch 98 and common div 98 which I use to create customer master.

Regards,

Ashish

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish

Your customer is 100224

Already exists in sales area 4010,98,98

Your common distribution channel is 98

Now you are getting the error when extending the customer to sales area 4010,89,89

This is happeneing because in VOR2 against your sales org 4010,98 the common division assignment is done as 98 and 98

But the common division assignment is not done for 4010,89 combination and that is blank

Hence the error is coming while extending the customer to sales area 4010,89,89

In VOR2 maintain the common division assignment as 98 and 98 for the combination 4010,89

Similarly check your VOR1 also

VOR1 settings should be 4010,89 the common distribution channel is 98 and 98

For 4010,98 the assignment should be 98 and 98

Same for VOR2

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raja,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I checked assignments (below) and it is same as you have suggested.

VOR1

4010+98 -> Dch-Conds 98 / DCh-Cust/Mt 98

4010+89 -> Dch-Conds 98 / DCh-Cust/Mt 98

VOR2

4010+98 -> Div con 98 / Div cus 98

4010+89 -> Div con 98 / Div cus 98

I am not able to extend customer(100224) for sales area 40108989.

FYI, I have also sat up following sales areas in enterprise structure

Please commnet asap.

Regards,

Ashish

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

VOR1

4010+89 -> Dch-Conds 98 / DCh-Cust/Mt 98

VOR2

4010+89 -> Div con 98 / Div cus 98

I am not able to extend customer(100224) for sales area 40108989.

This is your assignment and statement

See the common divisions there is no 89 distribution channel or 89division

If there is no entry there, the system will naturally throw an error

That is why it is not allowing you extend your customer 100224 to 4010,89,89 and it is correct from the system point of view

Example

If you have to create a customer for a sales area 1000,20,02 then this

20 has to be a common distribution channel for any other xx/yy distribution channel in VOR1

Similarly

20 has to be a common division for any other xx/yy division in VOR2

For you to achieve your requirement

Either you have to remove the tick item division in your order type and keep check division as blank

or otherwise to extend the customer to the reqd sales area rthe common division assignment has to be changed like this

VOR1

4010+89 -> Dch-Conds 89 / DCh-Cust/Mt 89

VOR2

4010+89 -> Div con 89 / Div cus 89

Regards

Raja

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Basically,there are two types of Sales processing.

1. Division specific sales

2. Cross-division sales

Division specific sales

Suppose, your Sales area is , 1000 / 99 / 01. In this case, system will allow material of only "Division 01", it will not allow to proces the material of any other division and this called Division specific sales.

Similarly, if your Sales area is 1000 / 99 / 02, it will allow only material of division "02".

Here, in above example, you will find this Sales area in the Header level of the Sales order.

The Division in the Sales area is called "Header division". Here header division is "01".

System takes the "Item division" from the Material master data > Basic data 1.

You can find this division in the Sales order > Item details of each item > in Sales B tab.

This division is called "Item division" and in Division specific Sales "Header division" and "Item division" are same as system does not allow material of other division in the Sales order to process.

Cross-division sales

If you want to process material of different divisions (e.g material of 01 division nad 02 division in your case) in one Sales order then , you have take "Header division" as "00" in the Sales area, then only system will allow to proces.

This is called Cross- division sales where Header division is "00" and your Item divisions can be many.

Therefore, I fill simply, by creating a Sales area 1000 / 99 / 00 will searve your purpose.In Enterprise structure > assignment > SD, set up your Sales area 100 / 99 /00 and process the material of multiple division in one Sales order.

In the Sales document type (VOV8), make the "Check division" field as "Blank" and activate the "Item division" check box.

You can make the settings also in the VOR2.

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradamyuna

Your explanation is fantastic But for a small error

In the Sales document type (VOV8), make the Check division field as Blank and activate the Item division check box.

You can make the settings also in the VOR2.

This is your statement

Like keeping the check division as blank the item division should be unticked , that is not activated for cross sales

I have done a extensive research on this

please create a material with a different division say material in division 01 and customer in sales area 1000,10,02 and try by ticking and not ticking the item division check box and the system response on this

Regards

Raja

former_member183155
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is okay to do that so,if you extend the customer to the different division channel with one customer code,then it will allow you to place two sales order per divsion/sales distribution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. You want to create a sales order which contains the materials with diff divisions. Go to VOV8 and maintain Blank - No dialog in Check Division field.

2. There is a field Item division.. this is used to determine the item category for the Sales Order Item either from Material Master or From the Header. If you mark this field this will be from Material master and if you dont then from Header.

Hope you clear now.

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

maintain the material division to cross division in VOR2.

regards

CM

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ashish

Apart from the suggestion what has already been suggested in VOV8, you also have to maintain the material division to cross division in VOR2.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Activate Item division in the sales order VOV8 - General Control & the system will allow to club materials from multiple divisions in the same sales order.

Alos if this is a common practice use common division for the customers which will help in master data maintainenance.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ashish,

SAP provides common division functionality to reduce the work load, therefore use VOR2 and maintain common division say '00' for division '01' and '02'.

Regards,

Bharat B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. You have to turn on item division, this will allow multiple division products on samw sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vladimir,

Thank you for your response.

Please inform what configuration I have to do?

Thank you very much.

Regrads,

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

In VOV8 for your document type check the box "ITEM DIVISION"

If If you mark this field, the system proposes the division from the

material master record of the item. If you leave the field blank, the

division in the document header also counts for all items.

regards