cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the use of Module tab in Communication Channel ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expertes

can any body tell me the that

What is the use of Module tab in Communication Channel ?

How we can use in the senarios?

Mainly What are the Situvation we can use this tab ?

Thank you

G,Praveen Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All the communication channels belongs to an adapter which has some standard functionality attached to it. In case that standard functionality does not satisfy your business requirement, there is a provision to change the standard behaviour by adding custom code before the standard code. This code has to be deployed on XI before put to use. This should then be added under Module tab of the communication channel.

You may add adapter modules to all the adapters that reside on java stack and http adapter too that resides on abap stack.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Experts

Thank You Very much for your replay ..

I some more questions on this topic

1. sap providing some Modules.. so how to use it. just giving the Module Processor name at comunucation channel or we need to do any other confirguration or desing process.?

2. Is ther is any blog which will explin this Module Processor usage..

Thank you

G.Praveen Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check out this blog

/people/pooja.pandey/blog/2009/02/23/xml-to-text-conversion-made-easy-by-strictxml2plainbean

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Rajesh

i have done the same process what you have given blog.like

datatype,messagetype,ob/ib interface, communication chanels.

sender : file adapter

File Name=mpinput.xml , Processing Parameters

Recever:File Adaper

File Name = mpoutput.txt , Module Tab Parameters.

in Monitoring Both Communication are ok and SXMB_Mony Process Sucess Fully,

In Input Directory File is pickuping Well but In Output Directory I am Not Seeing the output file..

Plz Help me .

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check the receiver File channel status from Runtime Work Bench.............

Former Member
0 Kudos

go to your messaging system and check the error message what it is throwing there

http://host:Httpport(8xxx)/MessagingSystem/monitor/monitor.jsp

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi rajesh

Thank You For Fast Responce

Error :

Exception caught by adapter framework: The following configuration errors were detected: - Either dataRec.fieldSeparator or dataRec.fieldLengths must be specified.

Delivery of the message to the application using connection File_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: The following configuration errors were detected: - Either dataRec.fieldSeparator or dataRec.fieldLengths must be specified : com.sap.aii.af.service.util.configuration.ConfigurationExceptionSet: The following configuration errors were detected: - Either dataRec.fieldSeparator or dataRec.fieldLengths must be specified.

Can you Help me torectifiy the error .

Former Member
0 Kudos

FCC paramters set to your data were not correct

Cross check your flatfile schema parameters

Rajesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I will give an example .If you need to send mail after covering the data into flatfile, which cannot be done by mail adapter.So in order to achieve this you need to tell the module processor that do the conversion and then send mail which can be achieved by specifying the module in the module tabs. for this there is a default module provided by SAP MessageTrasnformBean

Note : As this module processing is done at adapter level which is on JAVA Stack this cannot be applied to Native adapters like idoc and HTTP.

If you need to implement the same for this to adapters (HTTP and IDOC ) which are based on ABAP Stack you need to develop the class in ABAP.

Any doubts do revert

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the use of Module tab in Communication Channel ? - Module tab is used if you have developed some custom J2EE adapter module for your scenario.......then in module tab you specify when your J2EE adapter module needs to be invoked means in which sequence...........

Mainly What are the Situvation we can use this tab ? - See when the standard adapters do not fit your req, then you have to go for custom J2EE adapter development eg if you have a text file and it is too complex to specify File content conversion parameters for it to convert it to XML file, then you have to create a J2EE adapter module for converting this text file to XML file in your J2EE adapter module... then you have to deploy your J2EE adatper module in your XI system and then in your sender file comm channel in module tab, you specify your module with some parameters if required in your scenario.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use modules to enhance the functionality of an adapter. Modules cannot be added to all adapters.

For detailed information, refer this:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/cd/5af7c0c994e24fb0d0088443513de2/content.htm

Regards,

Balaji.M