cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deployment - setting for system not to create planned orders.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

I am executing deployment at the plant level.

i have req. of 8000 on 26th and 9000 on 27th.

i created a stock of 3000 on 25th.

i am executing push deployment and maintained setting accordingly.

After completion of deployment, system deploys the stock ie 3000 and creates Planned order for the remaining 5000 to meet the demand of 8000.

What setting has to be maintained such that system only deploys 3000 or the stock only and does not create a planned order for the unful filled demand. ???

in onther words system should deploy the stock and should not do anything more than that.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What you are talking about is not done by the system in one step.

Creation of planned order for rest 5000 is done by the system in PPDS or SNP heuristic/optimizer/CTM runs

and deployment of the 3000 is done by deployment run.

It seems from your requirement that you do not want to count forecast in your ATD qty. In customization, you can taken the category FA off the ATD issues.

To do so check the category group assigned to ATD issues in the plant in location master in SNP tab under deployment.

Go to SPRO>SAP SCM - Implementation Guide>Advanced Planning and Optimization>Supply Chain Planning>Supply Network Planning (SNP)>Basic Settings>Maintain Category Groups.

This will restrict the system not to take forecast into consideration when deploying. it is solely based on distribution demands.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Visu for the reply.

I am using the standard ATI Issues Category and in that FA is not included. AY,BI,BM,BR,EG,EH,EJ,EK,EQ,ER are only included.

Just to reaffirm, after executing a heursitics in the DC Level, STR gets created in the Plant. and at the plant i just run the deployment heuristics. and the stock gets deployed with Planned order getting created for the shortage. I did cross check as well.

there could be some setting thats happening i am not sure.

So how do we deploy the stcok and stop there.??

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aswath,

Can you answer these few questions for me? I will be able to answer your more appropriately.

What is the order of planning runs in your system?

1. DPR for demand at DC that creates distribution demand at the plant

2. Deployment of the current stock at the plant

3. Planning run at the plant to create planned order for any demand left out

Is that the order? This does not make good sense for me but I don't know your scenario.

What kind of deployment run are you suing? deployment heuristics or optimizer?

In both the cases, you have "delete" and "reduce" option.

The system deploys the stock at the DC based on the distribution demand ( coming from DC to Plant).

If you use delete option, the system deploys for the amount of stock it has and deletes the remaining distribution demand.

So, if you got distribution demand of 100 PCs, there is only 50 PCs stock at plant, the plant deploys 50 and deletes the other 50 PCs distribution demand at the plant. You need to rerun DRP at DC if you want to get back this demand.

If you use reduce option, the system deploys for the amount of stock it has and reduces the remaining distribution demand.

So, if you got distribution demand of 100 PCs, there is only 50 PCs stock at plant, the plant deploys 50 and reduces the distribution demand at the plant to 50 PCs.

I think you have the second case and you are running planning run at the plant and it's creating orders. If you don't want the system to create them, use the "delete" option in deployment run.

Please let me know if I am getting your point right.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you running real time deployment?..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Apologies for the delay.

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah i was using Real time Deployment and it was first running heurisitics that created Planned order for the unmet demand apart from stock.

When i used Refer to last time SNP run. it just deployed the Stock and stopped there.

Thanks!