cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Top N in VC iview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

i have a BI query which is used as Data source in VC model , which retrives 1000 Records ( say).

I have a selectionscreen for passing selection variables to the query which contains numbers 1 to 100.

Can i have a drop down list which contains numbers 1 to 100 ....and submit this values to get the Top n based on the submitted number in the selection screen.

for example, if the user selects 10 in the input form and clicks on submit , then he should get top 10 records ...or if he selects 20 in the input form ....he should get Top 20 records in the output tablle.

Thanks

P.Navakanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What you want is possible. First you have to create 'Condition' in BEx query for 'Top N' where 'N' is variable input. Then go to 'Tools' option in VC & create list globally for using it in drop down. Then use 'Dropdown Box' UI in form. In display tab select list globally.In the actions of 'Dropdown' use 'Select' & then pass it to required table or chart.

e.g - We have created variable 'N' then we are using dropdown for this. when you select value 10 in dropdown it will pass 10 & you will get 'Top 10' like wise it will work.

You will get required result by doing this.

regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you tried this? All still some other error is there?

Regards

Sandeep

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1. Instead of dropdown use spinner element.

2. In order to display N rows you should modify your BI query - it should receive value selected in spinner and return N rows.

Ola