cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM standard iViews don't show content after restarting portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Experts

We have a problem with the MDM Standard iViews, after we make a restart (MDM Server or Portal Server) the standard iViews of the MDM Business Package doesn't show anything, I've tried to make a new system to connect to repositories, create a new iView (that doesn't work too), clean the portal cache but nothing works. We are using MDM 5.5 SP06 patch 02.

Any ideas?? I really aprecciate your help!

Regards,

Ricardo Pineda

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please share the resolution to this problem with the community!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

There was a discussion some time back,that the Business content iviews do not function correctly through Portal.

You can try creating your own repository in MDM with some few fields with data and test its connection through Portal.

If its working fine then theres some problem with the Business content usage.Else theres some problem is the configurations.

Make sure the following settings are correct:

- MDM repository is loaded

- The sca files deployed on portal are of the same version as MDM server

- You have restarted the MDM server and portal server after deployment

Hope it helps

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simona

Thanks for your reply, we check every detail about the patch level, the deployment of SCA files is correct.

I want to be very clear in the fact that, everything works just fine, the iviews, the MDM server, the problem is after we restart either the Portal Server, or the MDM Server, the iviews simply stop to work, and after a few time (2 o 3 hours) starts to work again, I can't find any note that indicates there is a problem within the version of the Business Package we are using, or if this is corrected in a newest versión.

Regards,

Ricardo Pineda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

Did you check weather the system created to connect to MDM respository is working or no properly.

Test the system and also check weather repository is up and running .

refer to following blog

/people/markus.ganser/blog/2005/10/27/new-webinar-on-mdm-topics

Regards,

Shruti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shruti

Thanks for your reply, answering to your question, yes, I did check that the MDM Server be working after and before restarting the Portal, after the restart, the iviews didn't work properly, and yes I check that the systems configured on the Portal be working too, and they did.

Any suggestions??

Regards

Ricardo Pineda