cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Server profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our system has been running very slowly for a long time and we have thought that it could be a parameter within our application servers. Do any of these parameters look out of sync with what one would expect? I'm not a basis guru by any means, so I'm reaching out for help.

In addition, is em/total_size_mb case sensitive and how would a lower-case value affect our performance?

We are running ECC 6.0 with Oracle 10g and AIX 64 bit.

PHYS_MEMSIZE 512

rdisp/rfc_min_wait_dia_wp 3

rdisp/rfc_check 3

ES/SHM_SEG_SIZE 2048

ES/TABLE SHM_SEGS

em/total_size_mb 16384

rsdb/obj/buffersize 100000

rtbb/max_tables 800

rtbb/buffer_length 20000

zcsa/db_max_buftab 10000

zcsa/table_buffer_area 50000000

zcsa/presentation_buffer_area 20000000

rsdb/cua/buffersize 10000

abap/buffersize 600000

rsdb/ntab/ftabsize 50000

rsdb/ntab/irbdsize 10000

rdisp/wp_no_dia 30

rdisp/wp_no_btc 0

Thanks,

Blake

Edited by: Blake Haan on Mar 20, 2009 7:35 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey Blake

rdisp/wp_no_btc 0- are you running without any background processes in the system

Please change this ASAP

go to RZ10 and change the value of rdisp/wp_no_btc to 5 immediately. you will need a restart of the system though for this to have effect

You will see a lott drastic improve in the performance of the system

Also ask your team to schedule all long running programs as background Jobs and you will see a drastic improve in the performance

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I should have mentioned, this is one of six application servers... four are dialog, two are background.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok.....so all your background jobs run on those background servers?

to start with check these two things:

1. go to ST02 and check the swap and hit ratios in the screen for all the buffers...

are there a lot red entries in that screen....you will then need to tune the buffers

2. Also in SM50 do you observer that all the dialog work processes are occupied at the same time,that there are not too many free work processes and the SM50 screen looks filled

Lets start with these,tuning buffers can help increase the performance a lottt

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

The ST02 is very red and there are a lot of swaps for each row.

My real questions is concerning the basic set up of these parameters.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Blake,

You will need to change the buffer parameters,basically there is no thumb rule for setting this up but generally we increase the values in some chunks and observer these for a period of time and then decide what are the optimal values.

Start with changing these values as there are the most important buffers in SAP system,you will need to set this up through RZ10 and then restart the instance and then observe the system for some time and then again increase then to reach the optimal values

change these parameters:

new value

abap/buffersize 600000 - 100000

rsdb/ntab/ftabsize 50000- 80000

rsdb/ntab/irbdsize 10000- 25000

rsdb/cua/buffersize 10000- 25000

rsdb/obj/buffersize 100000- 200000

I am sure this will have a lot positive effect in the performance of your system

Rohit

Answers (0)