cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What data is stored in the CC Background Job Spool File?

Former Member
0 Kudos

What information is stored in the location referenced in the CC Configuration/Miscellaneous setting of 'Background Job Spool File Location'? Our test and production versions of this system are configured the same, with both pointing to the same location on their respective servers. However the test location shows a virsa/bgJobSpool folder in it containing multiple files while our production system shows this location as empty.

Both versions seem to be working OK. We are running backgrounds jobs in each (risk analysis, management reviews, rule generation, etc.) and seeing results.

We updated to the GRC 5.2 a few months ago and are currently on SP9. This issue came up during a system audit, so we need to come up with an explanation for the differences.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member366047
Contributor
0 Kudos

Bob-

Have you run any ad-hoc background risk analysis in your Production system? The spools contains those jobs.

You can follow Note: 1088481 if you need clarification in the configuration of the spool location.

Ankur

SAP GRC RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had reviewed that SAP note previously, but it does not seem to help any with our situation. We are running ad hoc background risk analysis jobs frequently and can always see the results. Everything seems to work fine from the application side, we just don't see the logs where we thought they should be over on the server.

From the outside, it looks like maybe it is ignoring the configuration setting and is still using the default location for the log. Does it need to be on the same drive as the application? I believe our application and the default location are both on our E drive, but we want to put the location for this and the Alert Log on the D drive.

Thanks.

former_member366047
Contributor
0 Kudos

Bob-

Did you restart the J2EE engine after configuring the location? If not, please do so. Let me know if that resolves the issue.

You can configure whatever location you want.

Ankur

SAP GRC RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. This was configured during our upgrade several months ago. Servers have been restarted several times since then.

former_member366047
Contributor
0 Kudos

Bob-

As I mentioned on the phone, change your drive letter to uppercase, restart the server and let me know. It will always revert to the default location if it cannot find the specified location.

Thanks!

Ankur

SAP GRC RIG