cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

difference between Withdrawal Qty and Allocated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Can anyone tell me the difference between Withdrawal Qty and Allocated in tcode RRP3 in tab Forecast?

In tab detail I have the Plan Qty (Forecast) and the Withdrawal Qty that most of days is the same quantity as Plan Qty and no value in Allocated. The category text is Forecast is this cases.

In other days, I have Withdrawal Qty different from Plan Qty and values in Allocated. I see that the allocated values are from orders or deliveries because the category text is SalesOrder or Deliv. and I see the ECC document number, but what means Withdrawal Qty in this and other case?

EX:

date material location category text Plan Qty Withdrawal Qty Allocated

12.03.2009 1270999 UN02 FC req. 726 726 0

17.03.2009 1270333 UN02 FC req. 1.478 410 60

17.03.2009 1270999 UN76 SalesOrder 0 0 40

17.03.2009 1270999 UN769 SalesOrder 0 0 20

..... ....... ....... ..........

Regards,

Teresa Lopes

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

check notes on this issue. there is a problem with time zones shifting consumption to another day and in fact you can sometimes see this as a difference in the detail forecast tab and the forecast summary tab. There is also a note out there where the quantity consumed was the remaing quantity on the sales order if it was not fully delivered.

George.

Former Member
0 Kudos

George,

Did you get this issue resolved? We are having the same issue and I was wondering if this was really due to time zone.

Please let me know if you have applied any OSS note for this and which one you used.

Thanks

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

This could have been because of the phantom withdrawls in the system..Pls see the SAP Note 1276854 - Deleting Forecast Orders..

Rgs, Sapapo.50

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Teresa,

The forecast tab shows the consumption scenario.

It has Planned Qty. , Allocated Qty., Withdrawal and remaining.

Planned Qty. is the qty in forecast keyfigure

Allocated is the qty. allocated to the sales order by the system.

Withdrawal is the qty. totally deduced from the forecast once the order is PGIed.

Remaining is the qty. left in forecast

Example:

If the strategy is 10 ( sales orders do not consume forecast)

You have a forecast of 100 PCs

Planned qty: 100

Allocated Qty: 0

Withdrawal: 0

Remaining: 100

You create a sales order of 50 PCs

Allocated Qty: 50

You create a delivery for this sales order of 50 PCs

You PGI the delivery for this sales order of 50 PCs

Allocated Qty:0

Withdrawal: 50

Remaining: 50

The same above thing when the strategy is anything else except 10 like 20, 30 or 40 ( sales orders consume forecast)

You have a forecast of 100 PCs

Allocated Qty: 0

You create a sales order of 50 PCs

You create a delivery for this sales order of 50 PCs

You PGI the delivery for this sales order of 50 PCs

Allocated Qty:0

Withdrawal: 50

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Teresa,

Withdrawal quantity

This is the quantity that has produced/procured and for which a goods issue has been posted in R/3.

Allocated quantity

This is the quantity in the forecast that has been consumed by sales orders. this quantity is not stored, it is calculated at runtime.

Regards,

MJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Visu for the wonderful explanation...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Visu,

thanks for your complete answer.

We are using strategy 20. So we can see the Withdrawal quantity only when we PGI the delivery of sales order? It is strange because I have for several days exactly the same qty in Planned qty and Withdrawal and in ECC and I don't find this qty in GI.

Regards,

Teresa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Terasa,

We are using strategy 20. So we can see the Withdrawal quantity only when we PGI the delivery of sales order?

That is correct.

Did you try checking MB51? Compare the withdrawal qty. in APO (by material, plant, posting date) to MB51.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, I'm comparing RRP3 with product/location in tab forecast with MB51 and I don´t see same value. And I think it is very strange that for several days I have exactly the same qty in Forecast and Withdrawal. Do you know if it can be any rounding values or if the Withdrawal can be a suggestion of the Forecast?

Former Member
0 Kudos

"I think it is very strange that for several days I have exactly the same qty in Forecast and Withdrawal."

I guess you are talking about the Qty. planned and withdrawal. That is nothing strange. It means all of the forecast was consumed by a sales order and was PGIed.

The Qty.s in MB51 and the RRp3 deoes not match exactly because you are looking at 2 different time zones. ECC is in location time zone but the APO system is in UTC. It is very difficult to match them exact to the number but you might get them pretty close.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I'm talking about Qty. planned and withdrawal, because in a few days I have more qty in withdrawal than in Qty. planned. Does it mean that I have consumed more than the Forecast? And in the others days, quantity is exactly the same, so that's why I´me confused.

And in MB51 there are days with no delivery posted but in APO I have withdrawal every day.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually we are facing the same issue where Quantity Planned in same as Withdrawal for next 3 weeks though its not the same in MB51. We raised an OSS mesage and currently SAP is reviewing it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have more qty in withdrawal than in Qty. planned. Does it mean that I have consumed more than the Forecast?

Yes. It means your forecast is lower than the actual sales order qty. coming in on those days. Alert your DP team.

I am not sure why you don't see entries in MB51...may be talk to a R/3 guy and see if he can tell you something that could help...sorry for not being able to help...

There is a FM in APO /SAPAPO/DM_WITHDRAWAL_GET that can get you the forecast consumption scenario details. I haven't used this so not much knowledge about this. See if this can help you...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see that for some materials MB51 match exactly like APO and some don´t..

and I still can not understand this,

ex:

day 03.03.2009

Qty. planned - 677

withdrawal - 1080 in R3 we have 1080 posted - ok

day 09.03.2009

Qty. planned - 725

withdrawal - 725 in R3 we have 1142 posted - not ok

day 10.03.2009

Qty. planned - 726

withdrawal - 726 in R3 we have 383 posted - not ok

so, what I´m saying is: is there any kind of formula or a average calculation...???

if the withdrawal equal to Qty. planned means that all forecast was consumed, why in day 03.03.2009 we have the real consumed qty and not igual to Qty. planned?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Teresa,

I am suspecting the time zone in this case. Check the time at which the PGI was done.

You are looking at location zone in R/3 and UTC in APO. Any PGI late in the day shows up in R/3 as today but can fall into next day in APO. Check that.

"if the withdrawal equal to Qty. planned means that all forecast was consumed, why in day 03.03.2009 we have the real consumed qty and not igual to Qty. planned?"

If the withdrawal > Qty. planned, it means your forecast is less than the actual sales orders. This is possible. Since you had enough Stock, all that qty. was PGIed.