cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduler and ScheduleEditor Service in MII 12.0.5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it true that the Schedule Editor entries can be manually run & saved only by "XMII Administrators" OR from an execution point of view these are Administrator specific services?

I was not able to test the "XMII Developer" role but this seems to be true with a "XMII User" or any other Custom Role that I allow via the System Security menu.

The reason I am asking this is I was thinking of giving access to the "ScheduleEditor" services to a role X so that the role can come in and run a particular schedule at his/her own will with certain specific input params OR if not run then he/she can save and schedule the job whenever they please.

Seems for roles other than "XMII Administrators" it just becomes a "read-only" view or is there a separate service which allows a role to execute the schedules?

Thanks

Udayan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm using version 12.2 of the MII, the latter recommended by SAP.

I'm assigning custom functions to a particular group of developers, who need to manage their schedules.

I also thought that the action "XMII_ScheduleEditor_all" would solve. I've even tried adding using the profile of the developer and still did not work. An error of lack of permission. Only managed to get to work when the action abribui 'XMII_Administrator. "And in my opinion I think impossible to put this action to a group of developers.

thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you should directly get in touch with SAP via a support ticket , that will help you resolve this faster.

Thanks

Udayan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I opened an SAP OSS. Thank you.

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are 2 services available for Role based permissioning to their associated jsp pages: Scheduler, and ScheduleEditor.

If you want someone to be able to run a given schedule, but not make any changes, then you may be better off just providing them a page with an iCommand for calling an XacuteQuery and putting the users in a more controlled environment that restricts and qualifies the parameters being fed to the underlying transaction.

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a situation like this. I would like to assign a permission to a user group where they could create, delete and edit schedules (Schedule Management System inSAP MII Dashboard Editor menu).

I found the documentation below which speaks of Action for permission. In it there are two actions that are ScheduleEditor levels (Responsible for creating, deletingand editing a schedule) and Schedule (responsible for managing a

schedule - Stop / Start).

XMII_ScheduleEditor_all used the action, you should perform the duties of create, delete and edit a schedule. This action did not allow me to perform the duties ofcreate, delete and edit.

The other action did not work.

The only action that could enable the creation, deletion and editing wasXMII_Administrator.

Have any tips for achieving the desired function above for a user group? Whataction should actually work?

Link Actions for permission:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mii122sp03/helpdata/en/4c/9768bdc14d60c3e10000000a15822d/frameset.htm

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Daniel,

You are on 12.2?

Are you trying to assign these actions to a custom role?

I would think that the "XMII_ScheduleEditor_all" action should work but if you could give more details on the version of MII, custome role etc. that'll help analysing the issue better.

Thanks

Udayan