cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Copy - Problem with Export Preparation stage

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm currently in the process of running the Export Preperation stage of a system Copy. I have passed the stage where the database has been analysed, and it is now just begining the "Prepare to Export ABAP" stage. However, I'm getting the following error in the Sapinst log

*Creating file /SAP_INST_TEMP/sapinst_instdir/NW04S/LM/COPY/ORA/EXP/CENTRAL/AS-ABAP/PREEXP/R3ldctl.exe.log.

INFO 2009-03-20 14:14:42.877

Output of /usr/sap/F01/SYS/exe/run/R3ldctl -p /SAP_EXPORT_DIRECTORY/ABAP/DATA -l R3ldctlExport.log is written to the logfile R3ldctl.exe.log.

WARNING 2009-03-20 14:14:43.343

Execution of the command "/usr/sap/F01/SYS/exe/run/R3ldctl -p /SAP_EXPORT_DIRECTORY/ABAP/DATA -l R3ldctlExport.log" finished with return code 2. Output:

couldn't open R3ldctlExport.log as stderr

ERROR 2009-03-20 14:14:43.362

CJS-30023 Process call '/usr/sap/F01/SYS/exe/run/R3ldctl -p /SAP_EXPORT_DIRECTORY/ABAP/DATA -l R3ldctlExport.log' exits with error code 2. For details see log file(s) R3ldctlExport.log.

ERROR 2009-03-20 14:14:44.740

FCO-00011 The step runR3ldctl with step key |NW_Prepare_Export|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_ABAP_Prepare_Export_Dialog|ind|ind|ind|ind|4|0|NW_ABAP_Prepare_Export|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|runR3ldctl was executed with status ERROR ( Last error reported by the step :Process call '/usr/sap/F01/SYS/exe/run/R3ldctl -p /SAP_EXPORT_DIRECTORY/ABAP/DATA -l R3ldctlExport.log' exits with error code 2. For details see log file(s) R3ldctlExport.log.).*

When I look for the R3ldctlExport.log file, it is nowhere to be found on my server. The contents of the logfile R3ldctl.exe.log are as follows.

couldn't open R3ldctlExport.log as stderr

I guess it is having problems creating the logfile R3ldctlExport.log ...?The SAPinst program is running as the root user, and my SAPinst directory has the permissions set to 777.

Any ideas..?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thankyou for the reply.

I ran the touch command, and it created the log file. I then granted 777 to the log file and reran the process from SAPinst....and it ran through successfully.

Cheers

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to upgrade the R3tools executables. If you upgrade the entire kernel then it would be great.

I had the same problem and it was solved with kernel upgrade.

Cheers!!

Regards,

Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Craig,

I am facing the same issue. I have already executed the touch command and the lg file was created. I also changed the permission to 777, but I'm still encountering the same error.

Please advise on how the resolve this. Your inputs will be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

Regards,

Cha Cha

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please make sure the installation directory is given the permission 777 and umask set to 022 before you start the installation.

The installation should go through smoothly .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to create the LOG file by your own with:

1. touch /usr/sap/F01/SYS/exe/run/R3ldctlExport.log

or

1. touch /SAP_EXPORT_DIRECTORY/ABAP/DATA//R3ldctlExport.log

I guess R3ldctl tries to create the log file either in the exe/run-directory or the export directory. One of these may be write protected.

André