cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating a consumer proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have reached total frustration.

I am trying to generate a service consumer proxy for an external, non-sap web service. I have tried several different web services during testing, and all but the most basic ones failed with a library error, with the horrible message of "Not implemented".

I have begun to wonder just what IS implmented. Seriously, though, is there a way to find out the specific thing that is causing the whole proxy generation to fail. As i said, all it says is "Not Implemented" without any idea of WHAT is not implemented.

I am at ECC6, SP14. We cannot do an upgrade just to make this work.

Beyond that, is there a way to call external, non-sap web services without a proxy object? i would love to have a proxy object, of course, but this wizard is about the worst thing i have ever seen.

sorry for being so negative, but i have been fighting this for 3 weeks, scanning this sight, browsing OSS, and the only answer i have gotten is "install service pack 17", which is out of the question.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>sorry for being so negative, but i have been fighting this for 3 weeks, scanning this sight, browsing >OSS, and the only answer i have gotten is "install service pack 17", which is out of the question.

You must be new to the SAP world because what you describe is part of the "real SAP experience" !

(Fighting with OSS notes and support packages)

>Beyond that, is there a way to call external, non-sap web services without a proxy object?

Of course, there is. If you are ready to program low level http request with abap object...

An other possibility is what we did with was 6.20 when the SAP proxy was not available.

We used RFC server programs written in .NET with the SAP .NET connector.

It was a sort of connector converting RFC calls in web service calls.

Regards,

Olivier