cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webdynpro not supported by IE8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

If you run your WebDynpro app in IE8 you´ll see this message: "Sorry, your browser/program is not supported by Web Dynpro!".

I suppose that´s because the "User-Agent" property, so I´d like to know if there´s any way to make IE8 supported by WD .

IE8

u201CBest Practices

Websites that are sensitive to changes in the User-Agent string may need to be updated to support IE8.

During internal testing, we have encountered a small number of sites which fail to recognize IE8 because they are performing exact string matches to look for specific IE version strings. Those checks will need to be removed or updated to accommodate IE8. The article Best Practices for detecting the Internet Explorer version provides suggestions and code samples.

As noted in the Best Practices article, it is not recommended that you block access to content based on the user-agent string of the browser. If you do have to offer different content to different versions of the browser due to improved capabilities, you should ensure that future versions of the browser are not blocked. Serving content based solely on the user-agent string is often an unreliable way to detect the full capabilities of the browser, because the user might have adjusted some settings, such as disabling script or extensions.u201D

I searched for notes or any information about IE8 and Webdynrpo at SDN but nothing....

I try changing some values at WD Runtime ( tcwddispwda~Propertysheet clients) but nothing...It seems to be that some framework´s variables are hardcode...

"Compatibility view" (IE8 feature) doesn´t works as the button is disable when running a WD app. The configuration made by "tools> compatibility view configuration" doesn't´t work either... This is a MS demos page to show how the button "Compatibility view" works. This is other page that works and it´s recognize by the browser to enable the "compatibly view" button.

SAP Portal works OK with IE8.

Thanks a lot for your time on this thread.

Rocío.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

So the big question is... when WD will be supported by IE8? SAP is willing to do this? or we have to declare WD dead for IE8 and other browsers? ( hope not! )

Thanks a lot.

Rocío.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One thing i know about this is when ever a new version of browser is available or a new browser is available we dont get a patch for WD. We need to wait for the next release cycle of SAP.

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

IE8 will certainly be supported in the future as soon as the tests have been passed succesfully. Only those browsers/versions mentioned in the PAM are supported officially for the different Web Dynpro versions.

Armin

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello! It's great!

But I can't find SP20, threre are only SP19 in marketplace

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

Yeah! it´s great. Search for EHP1 and you´ll find the upgrade for NW2004s and CE.

Rocío.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know if Webdynpro can now support IE8? I still get the message that it's unsupported. Is there a patch or update that will add support for it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello!

did you get some news about WDP and IE8?

Regards

Jacques

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey guys,

for your info, I followed up the instructions (point 2.) written in the note:

Note 1347768 - Web Dynpro and Microsoft Internet Explorer Version 8.0

and now that the setting has been done, WDP works with my browser IE8

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Have a look on detailed discussion about different browser

1.[browser/program is not supported by Web Dynpro|]

2.[Detailed navigation in Internet Explorer |]

3.[Problem in IE 8.0|/message/7110725#7110725 [original link is broken]]

Best Regards

Satish Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

IE8 is officially not supported.

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ayyapparaj:

Do you know if there´s some SAP publication about it?

Thanks a lot for your time.

Rocío.

Former Member