Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue on complete stock removal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am configuring WM in my test system.

Can anyone tell me what are the settings reqd for complete stock removal from a storage type so that the extra qty is returned to the source/destination storage bins when I create a TO against a delivery.

I tried the following assignments but its not working.

1. Shelf Storage type (which is my source storage type) I have ticked the Full stock removal as well as return to same bin indicator. (Since SU Mgmt is active for the storage type).

2. Assigned a Return Storage type & bin in 601 mov.type.

Note:

System is picking the full Qty in TO only if I tick the overdeliveries indicator in 601 mov.type. Why ??

With the above assignements system is neither displaying the Return storage type & bin which I mentioned above nor my source storage type (shelf Storage) when I create a TO against a delivery.

Please advice how to solve it.

Hope its clear.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

did you find solution for this problem i have the same prblem the full stock removal working only is i activate the overdeliveries at MVT 601

regards,

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP online help:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/c6/f847054afa11d182b90000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Complete Removal Requirement with Return to Same Bin

You have defined the SU-managed storage type, from which the stock removal is to occur, as a storage type with stock pick requirement. You therefore remove the entire SU from stock in order to pick partial quantities of material stock of an SU. You then replace this SU with the remaining material stock as a partial SU into the same source storage bin in the SU-managed storage type, from which you removed the stock.

For the WMS, the SU remains in its storage bin for this kind of partial stock pick. The system does not map the temporary state, when the storage unit temporarily leaves the storage bin and then returns to the same storage bin.

As soon as you save a transfer order for removing a certain material quantity from the SU, the WMS locks this SU completely for stock removal based on other transfer orders or transfer order items.*

Regards,

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Mar 20, 2009 8:09 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What removal strategy does the storage type have?

MdZ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mdz,

Thanks for the reply.

I have assigned FIFO removal strategy for my source storage type. (Shelf Storage)

How to configure the system so that the extra quantity picked is returned to the return storage bin while creating a TO ??

Hi Csaba,

Thanks for the reply.

But I didnt get the point which you mentioned in the above link. Can u explain the same with an example??

Regards,

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For the WMS, the SU remains in its storage bin for this kind of partial stock pick. The system does not map the temporary state, when the storage unit temporarily leaves the storage bin and then returns to the same storage bin.

I think it is explained clearly: you won't see anything (there will be no good movements for the remaining qty, you won't see the movement of the remaing quantity).

The SU remains in the same bin from which you remove the partial quantity. It (SU) will be blocked for other stock removal until the TO is confirmed.

Whe you thick the overdelivery for your WM-mvt, the goods movement will be mapped (you will see the whole quantity (whole SU) move) because you allow overpicking.

That's all.

Regards,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Csaba,

Thanks for the reply.

Suppose I have made the complete stock removal & as well as return to the same bin settings for my source storage type (shelf Storage) for which I have assigned the FIFO stragegy.

Now suppose the first storage bin for shelf storage type has 150 qtys & if I do a delivery for 75.

Then as per the above settings system is determing the above bin when I create a TO against the delivery & Qty displayed is 75 in the TO as per the delivery. But the remaining 75 is blocked for picking for other TO's till this is confirmed per the above settings.

Hope this is what you were trying to explain using the link.

Now can you please clarify the following points.

1. Whats the relevance of Return storage type & bin in the mov.type & also in the TO i.e when will these fields takes effect ??

2. Suppose if I tick the overdelivery tick in the mov.type then system will pick the 150 qtys as per the above example. Now Can I configure the system in such a way that the extra or overdelivery item is returned back to the storage bin ??

3. Also whats the relevance of the Retain overdelivery for the interim storage types. Does it play any role in the above case?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I currenty do not have a system available but what you often see it that certain scenario's are used in combination with pick points. Full SU is removed from for example bulk. The full pallet is brought to the pick point from where the partial quantity is picked and moved the 916 area. The remainder is not being sent back to the bulk but to the shelf storage.

However, I've seen scenario's in which no pick point is used and a partial quantity was picked from a full pallet. Remainder was sent back to the original bin through return storage type.

I'll try to look it up.

MdZ

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are in SPRO > LE > WM > Master Data > Define Storage Type, please choose the suitable storage type and read the F1 help for "Return Storage Type":

Return storage type

Storage type into which any remaining quantity of the material to be transferred will be placed.

Use

If a storage type requires complete stock removal, the following options are available for dealing with the remaining quantities, if such quantities arise.

1. The storage type into which the goods are being placed can retain the overdelivery.

2. The storage type from which the goods are being removed can allow the remaining quantity to be returned to the storage bin from which the goods were removed.

3. In the movement type, you can have a return storage type (or return storage bin) defined.

4. You can define a return storage type for each storage type.

5. The storage type into which the goods are being placed must keep the overdelivery.

In case of storage type for which SUM is active, I was able to use only:

A) Return to the same storage bin. This was already explained to you.

B) Pick point: in this case the remaining quantity will get to the pick point when you confirm the removal TO. (Interesting is that no separate TO will be created which would move the remaining qty to the pick point, the SU with the remaining qty "appeared" in the pick point). You can use LT09 to move the SU from the pick point to a bin.

If SUM is not active:

A) Return to the same storage bin. The TO will contain this infornation as well (TO will have got "From", "Destinat." and "Back" sections.)

B) Return storage type in the storage type definition or in the movement type definition has the same effect. The TO will have "From", "Destinat." and "Backsp." sections. So, the remaining qty will be posted to the return storage type via the same TO.

Regards,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Csaba,

Thanks a lot for the continous support.

Can you please clarify the above mentioned points 1,3 & 4.

See as I mentioned above if I tick the return to the same storage bin in my source storage then system will remove the complete quantity from the storage bin irrespective of delivery qty when I create a TO using LT03. But the quantity which will be displayed at the time of TO creation will be the delivery qty & the remaining qty will be blocked for removal till I confirm this TO using LT12. Right ??

This is what I understand as per the 2 point which you mentioned above (i.e Return to same bin)

Now can you clarify the below points

1. When will we put the tick in the Retain overdelivery field in the interim storage type (916). & whats its effect ?

because return to same bin option is mandatory if we put the full stock removal for SU managed storage types.

2. Do we use the return storage type & return bin in the mov.type - 601 & also the return Storage type in the storage type master only incase of Non-SU Managed Storage types, If not, when will these fields come into picture incase of SU Managed Storage types.

To be more specific, Suppose If I assign a Return Storage type & bin in the mov.type settings or if I assign a return storage type in the Source storage type when will this be determined in LT03 ?

Hope my query is clear.

Regards,

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See as I mentioned above if I tick the return to the same storage bin in my source storage then system will remove the complete quantity from the storage bin irrespective of delivery qty when I create a TO using LT03. But the quantity which will be displayed at the time of TO creation will be the delivery qty & the remaining qty will be blocked for removal till I confirm this TO using LT12. Right ??

As I mentioned before:

A) "Return stock to same bin" > Yes, the SU will be blocked for stock removal and the TO quantity is the delivery qty (not the qty of the whole SU)

B) The difference of whole SU qty and delivery qty will get to the pick point

. When will we put the tick in the Retain overdelivery field in the interim storage type (916). & whats its effect ?

because return to same bin option is mandatory if we put the full stock removal for SU managed storage types.

In case of SUM is active, the "Retain..." indicator has no meaning, because whether you use "Return stock to same bin" indicator or pick point.

("Return stock to same bin" is not mandatory in case of SUM is active, other option is pick point.)

2. Do we use the return storage type & return bin in the mov.type - 601 & also the return Storage type in the storage type master only incase of Non-SU Managed Storage types, If not, when will these fields come into picture incase of SU Managed Storage types.

To be more specific, Suppose If I assign a Return Storage type & bin in the mov.type settings or if I assign a return storage type in the Source storage type when will this be determined in LT03 ?

1. I wanted to assign "Return storage type" in case of SUM is active > I got error mesage LT088.

2. Even if return storage type was defined for the WM-mvt, it didn't have any effect in case of pick point (and it has no meaning in case of "Return stock to same bin").

Based on point 1&2 I think these settings are not applicable for SUM.

Regards,

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Mar 22, 2009 9:02 PM