Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a user parameter which we set in Parameters tab of a su01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Greetings!!!!!!

I would like to know how can we create a user parameter which we will assign in parameter tab of SU01 for a user.

My actual requirement is that we are having a zprogram for which one of the input field is path of file which we can browse and give the input file. This value we want to make it default for users with a parameter in SU01. I have checked in the system but could not find any standard user parameter for the same. Please let me know if there are any standard parameter for this in SAP CRM 2007

Hence please let me know is it possible to create a z user parameter.

Thanks & Regards

Sharath

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Requirement was rule out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In your code, write this:

DATA my_path type string.

GET PARAMETER ID 'ZPATH' FIELD my_path. "or any other name you choose

double click on ZPATH, choose create. You will have created a new parameter. You can use any names starting with Z or Y.

Go to SU01, and set this parameter there (ZPATH)..I hope this doesn't need further clarification.

In parameter value, put the path to the file..

After executing the GET statement, the value will be available in the variable my_path. Pass this to GUI_UPLOAD/DOWNLOAD functions, and it should work fine.

Regards,

SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did this help you?

Please follow-up on your own threads, and close them if your problem is resolved.

Kind regards,

SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry and reason for not updating the thread is that my ABAPER has to do the same and confirm me.

I have given him what you have mentioned. Once it is done will update the thread.

Thanks & Regards

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

In short you use the abap-statements GET PARAMETER / SET PARAMETER.

You can read more about it at [http://help.sap.com/abapdocu/en/ABENMEMORY.htm|http://help.sap.com/abapdocu/en/ABENMEMORY.htm]