cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding extra fields for ESS Address application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am working with the ess address application modefication and need to add certain extra fields like Relationship, 1st Telephone no, 2nd Telephone no & 3rd Telephone no.

I have added these fields in the detail and review views of the ESS application and mapped their values to the corresponding nodes. The values are fetched from the backend and displayed in portal. But when I am trying to change the values of the added field from portal and save it, things are not getting saved in backend. The previous value is overwritten and NULL is saved in backend.

Any suggestion what might be wrong. I suppose all the mapings and bindings are already done against these extra fields in the webdynpro applications.

The version I am using is:

EP 7.0 Sp18

ESS 7.0 Sp13

MSS 7.0 SP13

PCUIP_GP 7.0 Sp13

Regards

Deb

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Recheck the mapping of the fields and Context Node Attribute. Try putting debug mode at the backend FM and run the application and see whether value is getting passed or not. You can trace the FM getting called by applying RFC trace in SM05.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think this prpbelm is causing because of RFC, you need to chech in the back end RFC functionality by giving some values there, and check weather the changes are saved or not, if not the problem is in update or save method of your bapi right, contact the abap developer to test the rfc.

Cheers,

Apparao

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Things are fine from your end (I assumed) .But have u check that these new added field are supported by the backend. So Do the consistency check for frond end and backend .

Best Regards

Satish Kumar