cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC synchronisity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have this scenario: File(ftp)->XI7.0->IDOC(R3-4.6c)

When the File Adapter reads more than one file in the ftp server simultaneously,

XI creates as many IDocs as the number of files read to be transfered into R3 system. OK.

If more IDocs are sent regarding the same document, (eg: several IDocs related to a confirmation of the same Transfer Order but for different items),

when R3 processes them, often a data locking error occurs (eg: Transfer order 0000000091 currently being processed by PI1REMOTE).

I need the R3 system to execute the IDocs one by one separately (sequence not relevant).

I tried to use the "Queue Processing" parameter in the Receiver IDoc Adapter, but this option is not compatible with R3 4.6c release.

I tried to set the QoS parameter to "Exactly Once in Order" in the Sender File Adapter, but this option not solve the problem.

Do you know if some method exists in the R3 system to process a particular message type one by one?

Do you know other solutions?

thanks a lot

Daniele

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

in We20 in ERP make sure IDOCs are not processed immediately

but : scheduled by a bacnground job

then schedule report : RBDAPP01 to process them

you can also schedule reports from this pages

to automatically reprocess failed IDOCs

http://www.erpgenie.com/component/content/article/567

this way all them will be processes

nothing in XI needs to be changed only ERP part

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

thank you very much for your solution.

It works very well.

I've solved my problem.

Thanks

Bye

Daniele

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Daniel,

Was the sequence also maintained in your case?

i mean , can the same solution work if we want say a ADRMAS idoc to be processed first and then the cremas idoc...

Daniel/Michal,

if you can pls throw some light on this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tarang,

If you want to respect the sequence for the same message type (eg. ADRMAS),

I think you should also set the QoS parameter to "Exactly Once in Order" in the Sender File Adapter of XI, so that the IDocs on R3 are processed in the same order they are sent by XI

To manage two kind of message type (eg. ADRMAS, CREMAS) you should use one background job with two steps.

The first step to execute the RBDAPP01 program to process the message type ADRMAS.

The second step to execute the RBDAPP01 program to process CREMAS.

Regards,

Daniele

Answers (0)