cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Function Module - Customer Creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am working on an implementation of ISA for ERP and I need to create customer in ECC 6.0 from a web page that will be included in the ISA application.

Can anybody suggest me a standard function that can be leverage for this purpose?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a standard Create customer BAPI called BAPI CUSTOMER CREATE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vladimir, thanks for answering!

But an additional question is: can this FM be called from another system (for example CRM) via RFC in order to create customers?

please let me know!

thanks in advance!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not a techie but we created many customers with it from a internet site that was not SAP and used middleware. The customers created their own accounts and orders on website and then the customers and orders were created in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

The data came in as IDOC's from the web site and the BAPI was called to create the customer as the IDOCs were processed

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

despite the name, there is no BAPI to create or maintain customer master data accurately and safely.

For sure, a customer master will be touched and/or created by these BUT a lot of bad surprise can be faced later.

These BAPIs are ONLY to be used by SAP Online Store.

Using these out of the original usage would lead to troubles in the future AND/OR data inconsistencies.

Sorry.

Best regards

Alain