Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

webservice to a webdynpro

harikrishnan_m
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there relation between webservice and webdynpro in ABAP..I mean how can we use these two together for achieving a user interface program...?????

I have very little knowledge in Web Service....!!! Excuse if this makes no sense...

Thanks,

ABAPer 007

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no particular relation between a webservice and webdynpro in ABAP

A webservice is nothing a business logic made available over internet based/web browser based UI technology.

Webdynpro in ABAP is a tool to develop web based user interfaces.

So let us say you want to carry out a transaction code of sap using Web based UI, you will have a webservice for it which will be consumed from Webdynpro ABAP.

You will develop screens in Webdynrpo ABAP which will have input fields which will sent data to webservice (as required). In this way you will carry out a business logic.

Please revert for further queries

harikrishnan_m
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for poviding a catchy point...

I would like to tell my understanding.. So webservice is an architecture to develop UI technology and Web Dynpro a tool which utilizes this architecture to effectively explore UI technology....( Correct me if i am wrong ? )

I developed one Web Dynpro program which takes some input and provides output based on it in another VIEW. Hence whether i can say I developed a Webservice ? Why this doubt is, i developed a Webservice using ABAP transaction SE80 and attached a Function Group to it....But interesting thing is !!! how i should proceed further to test or consume it !!!!!! If i can able to create a Web Service then my first sentence is completely wrong..That is Web service itself is a tool for UI.

Please provide your valuable inputs so that i can proceed further....

Thanks again for your answer.....

Regards,

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No you are getting a bit confused. No problems. I will get it cleared for you.

ABAPer 007 wrote:

I would like to tell my understanding.. So webservice is an architecture to develop UI technology and Web Dynpro a tool which utilizes this architecture to effectively explore UI technology....( Correct me if i am wrong ? )

Yogesh Answers:

Webservice is not an architecture to develop UI technology. Webservice is an architecture to utilize enterprise level logic. This logic either preexists in the form of SAP ABAP code (in SAP systems). For example creation of a Inquiry (SAP standard T-Code). Suppose i want to do it from my Webdynpro UI. So i ll utilize this standard enterprise code from a webservice.

ABAPer 007 wrote:

I developed one Web Dynpro program which takes some input and provides output based on it in another VIEW. Hence whether i can say I developed a Webservice ?

Yogesh answers:

No you did not develop a webservice. You only developed a platform that will ultimately consume a webservice.

ABAPer 007 wrote:

i developed a Webservice using ABAP transaction SE80 and attached a Function Group to it....But interesting thing is !!! how i should proceed further to test or consume it !!!!!!

Yogesh answers:

Yes its correct that you made a webservice out of a function group. To test it you can use the nwa.

http://<server>:<port>/nwa --> Web services navigator.

You require an appropriate wsdl link to the webservice.

This wsdl link will be available from the webservice definition in the workbench. Open the webservice and you will have a wsdl button/tab at the top of the screen.

Revert for other doubts

harikrishnan_m
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a lot for this wonderful answer..i am getting much curious to study about web service..

Now,,,,as per ur comments i clicked WSDL button and inturn brought me to an XML page containing some XML codes like...

- <xsd:simpleType name="char10">

- <xsd:restriction base="xsd:string">

<xsd:maxLength value="10" />

</xsd:restriction>

</xsd:simpleType>

- <xsd:simpleType name="char18">

- <xsd:restriction base="xsd:string">

<xsd:maxLength value="18" />

like so many...wht is this supposed to be..Please help....

Yogesh answers:

No you did not develop a webservice. You only developed a platform that will ultimately consume a webservice.

This means that WEBDYNPRO itself is a Webservice....

Provide ur inputs on this...

Regards,

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

Yes this is the thing you will require for your service call on your webdynpro side.

I think you need not go deep into what XML fields of the webservice mean. It is only a means of describing the fields (that will say for example input to a bapi field) in the web service.

And the codes you see will be actually be saved as a file and used on your webdynpro side also. This is because your platform also needs to understand what it needs to call and for that same call what inputs it needs to give

harikrishnan_m
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

I develpd Webdnpro in ABAP (SE80). How should i inter-relate the webservice i developed with Web dynpro..Also the XML depicts all those fields which are import and export parameters of the RFC created under the Function group.

From another thread, its said like to run webservice, use WSADMIN (Txn) -> select the webservice -> click in Execute..which inturn in my case throws dump...i dont know why...stating like SERVICE IS NOT FOUND....

Note

The termination occurred in system RCD with error code 404 and for the reason Not found.

The selected virtual host was 0 .

0----

What can I do?

Please select a valid URL.

If you do not yet have a user ID, contact your system administrator.

ErrorCode:ICF-NF-http-c:000-u:SAPSYS-l:E-i:vq2ua452_RCD_00-v:0-s:404-r:Notfound

HTTP 404 - Not found

Your SAP Internet Communication Framework Team

-

Please provide ur suggestions....

Answers (0)