cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to login to the new client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed new SAP system ECC 6.0 on Windows with SQL Server. I used to login with new clients with credentials SAP* and "PASS" in the past. but strangely, today I am unable to login to the new clients 100, 200 and 300 with these credentials. I have tried with "DDIC" and my own master password, which is changed during installation but failed.

could any one please help me how to login to the new clients. is there any profile parameters needs to be changed?

Thanks,

Mohan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mohan

Make sure that login/no_automatic_user_sapstar=1 is set in the default profile of your system

This will enable you to login in client with SAP* user

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

heyy I am sorry...the value should have been 0

just a typo error

Rohit

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is standard SAP feature to aviod unauthorised access with SAP*.

If you want to login with SAP* you should have set Login/Automatic_No_User profile parameter to 0 and then restart your Instance.

It will delete SAP* usermaster record ,so again you will be able to login with PASS.

Once you are done with your activity set the same profile value to 1 and then restart your instance.

Regards,

Srinivas Chapa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

If we have do not create the profile parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar and create a new client, I am sure we can't login to the new client.

In that case what will be the status of SAP* user..

1. It will not be created in the new client.

2. It will be created but locked.

Please comment on this.

Thanks.

Pavan Kumar M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mohan,

That could be because sap* is blocked by parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar. This is the default behaviour after new installation. BTW, this good practice.

In order to access your newly created clients, please set the parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar=0 and restart SAP. This point onwards you will be able to login with sap* with default password 'pass'.

Please remember to block the sap* use by reverting the parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar=1. Otherwise create sap* user with valid password. This will gurantee that no unauthorized access to your system with sap*.

Hope this clarifies your doubt.

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

You need to check the instance profile.

Such a problem is encountered when the parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar value is set to u201C1u201D in the Instance profile.

Change the value to u201C0u201D to enable SAP* login.

Hope this helps

Regards

Chen

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If this parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar = 1 then you wont be able to login with SAP* and pass

this parameter should be 0 to login with SAP* and pass

Regards,

Subhash