cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messege Monitering technique

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

messege monitering in RWB we get to see three options: Integration Server, Integration engine and Adapter engine.

We get to see waiting status in Integration engine and holding status in adapter engine. But what does a waiting and holding messege signigy, and how does it differ from each other ??

What is the difference in monitering in sxmb_moni and messege monitering??

has it any restriction to integration engine and adapter engine??

Does Adapter engine errors signify issues in mapping and in adapters?

Hw does it differ from Integration Engine errors?

I know I sound vague.. but cant help.!

What is ALE audit with respect to IDOCS?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

> We get to see waiting status in Integration engine and holding status in adapter engine. But what does a waiting and holding messege signigy, and how does it differ from each other ??

Waiting state signify that receiver is either busy or not available, so after few retries if it doesn't find the receiver system message goes into System Error.

Holding state of messge comes into picture when you are sending your messages into sequence i.e. you are using QoS EOIO (Exactly Once In Order), so whenever one the message goes into error then preceding message comes into Hold state.

> What is the difference in monitering in sxmb_moni and messege monitering??

SXMB_MONI is used to monitor the message at ABAP stack and Message Monitoring is used to monitor the message at JAVA stack.

> has it any restriction to integration engine and adapter engine??

Didn't get this point..

> Does Adapter engine errors signify issues in mapping and in adapters?

Mapping error can be seen in Moni, but adapter errors can be seen at adapter engine.

> Hw does it differ from Integration Engine errors?

It can differ in such a way if message is successfull at IE but adapter engine was not able to send the message to receiving system then errors can be seen at adapter engine.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvesh,

Hw does it differ from Integration Engine errors?

It can differ in such a way if message is successfull at IE but adapter engine was not able to send the message to receiving system then errors can be seen at adapter engine.

Do u mean to say the flow of data is first in IE and then AE?

has it any restriction to integration engine and adapter engine??

I meant to ask, abart from the abap stak and java stak difference you gave,, is the monitering in MONI not restricted to Adapter Engine and isnt the Messege monitering capable of monitering both the engines IE as well as AE?

Pls correct me!

Pls tel me some link apart from help.sap.com where i can clear my concept on this!!!

Regards,

Arnab.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Sarvesh,

>

> Hw does it differ from Integration Engine errors?

> It can differ in such a way if message is successfull at IE but adapter engine was not able to send the message to receiving system then errors can be seen at adapter engine.

>

> Do u mean to say the flow of data is first in IE and then AE?

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/05/25/understanding-message-flow-in-xi

>

>

> I meant to ask, abart from the abap stak and java stak difference you gave,, is the monitering in MONI not restricted to Adapter Engine and isnt the Messege monitering capable of monitering both the engines IE as well as AE?

> Pls correct me!

> Pls tel me some link apart from help.sap.com where i can clear my concept on this!!!

>

> Regards,

> Arnab.

MONI doesnt handle the AE message monitoring.

For AE, you can use the communication channel monitoring and also

Message monitoring via Adapter engine in RWB

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Do u mean to say the flow of data is first in IE and then AE?

See the flow

Sender - Adapter Engine (sender) - Integration Engine - Adapter Engine (receiver) - Receiver

>

>

> I meant to ask, apart from the abap stack and java stack difference you gave,, is the monitering in MONI not restricted to Adapter Engine and isnt the Messege monitering capable of monitering both the engines IE as well as AE?

Message monitoring is capable of monitoring AE messages.

> Pls tel me some link apart from help.sap.com where i can clear my concept on this!!!

SXMB_MONI & RWB monitoring

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/003de490-0201-0010-68a4-bf7a1e1f...

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Arnab,

I try to clear you (hope i try my best)

1. DataFlow in normal for any sceanrio

AE -> IE -> AE

AE - adapter Engine

IE - Integration Engine

AE is based on java stack and IE is based on ABAP Stack

so for trouble shooting you can check out at which component error occured whether at adapter level, integration engine level.

Adapter takes care of converting the data into xml format and sends the same to IE.

IE gets the data from IR and ID and does the necessary routings. Here again for mapping

ABAP stack -->java stack communication will happens using AI_RUNTIME_JCO (not sure name)

At ABAP STACK using moni you can check processed steps(sequence) of IE

RWB Message monitoring you can check whehter adapter picked data(assume for file) and converted and sent to IE or not.(if you chked the logs there is http://host:port/sap/xi/engine?type=entry) which is an entry point to IE from AE.

so message processed at AE may Fail at IE or may fail at AE after processing in IE

Hope i got some idea any doubts or questions do revert

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajesh , Sarbaresh and Sarvesh,

many thanks to all of you.

Rajesh explained me very well. I liked that.

But my gratitude all of you,

Regards,

Arnab .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good I was able to make you understand ...

Nice to hear )

Rajesh

Answers (0)