Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audit log missing in message in Message Monitor

shweta_walaskar2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing a weird problem.

I found this in one of my scenario where we are using AS2 adapter and its an IDoc to file scenario.

When I go to details of messages in message monitor in RWB,sometimes the Audit log is empty.

It is happening randomly and not specific to any scenario as later on I found the same problem in some messages from other scenarios too.

I have never faced this problem till now and it was working fine before.

Can anyone please let me know what could be the reason for this as this is difficult for me in case I need to analyse a message and there is no audit log.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Shweta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

alternative is try to chk the same in messaging system

http://host:port/messagingsystem/monitor/monitor.jsp

and filtr accordingly ,

Rajesh

shweta_walaskar2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Doesnt work for me :(((

404 Not Found

The requested resource /messagingsystem/monitor/monitor.jsp is not available

Details: File [messagingsystem/monitor/monitor.jsp] not found in application root of alias [/] of J2EE application [sap.com/com.sap.engine.docs.examples].

Thanks.

Regards,

Shweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

USe MessagingSystem instead of messaging system and let me know

Rajesh

shweta_walaskar2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Now the link works,but when I click on Audit log icon on selected message ,I cant see anything over there too.

Thanks.

Regards,

Shweta

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

to fix this... you will need a change of setting for the "messaging" component in NWA.

the name of the parameter is something like messaging.auditlogmemorycache.

the default value is true for this paramter. set it to false.

if u need steps here is the blog: /people/kenny.scott/blog/2009/03/08/pi-71-af-messaging-system-audit-log-persistence

Raghu

Edited by: Raghu KB on Mar 20, 2009 9:17 PM

shweta_walaskar2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Thanks a lot for the reply.

But this is not always the case.This happens randomly and quite rarely.

So,I dont think,this parameter is not set in our system.

Regards,

Shweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are rite. this is always random. not all the messages are cached especially those which are successfully processed . it chooses by itself which messages to store in cache which is quite hard to predict.

usually PI does nt cache the successfully processed messages. the audit logs for messages without errors are moved to an internal cache. it sometimes stores for few messages with last-recently-used strategy.

To force PI to keep all the messages in cache and view the audit log, this parameter is to be set.

I would recommend to set this parameter and check ur result. am sure u ll be happy

In anyway this parameter will not harm anywhere else in the system.

shweta_walaskar2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes,this is fine.

But,I dont even have access to Visual Administrator or Netweaver Administrator :(((

Regards,

Shweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

well.. i guess u can initiate this change to your admin guys on development sys?.

shweta_walaskar2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Yes,I just spoke to a BASIS colleague and he said,he would try to set this parameter.

I hope,we don't have these problems then.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,

Shweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

yeah.. please note that that this change will not affect the already processed messages.

good luck.

Raghu

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We have seen such a behavior when the message load across PI is too large. In that case, we found a few messages without audit log details. Do your case follow a similar pattern?

Regards,

Prateek

shweta_walaskar2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

Yes,it might be the case.

Regards,

Shweta