cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot delete messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Messages are in RWB are going into HOLD state.

Hence, I searched for system errors, deleted them.

Then based on the convesation ID and Sequence number (ref : stefan's web blog) I have deleted/cancelled message one by one..

Of the 87 messages, I have deleted messages one by one and now I am left with 11 messages.

I understand we have to delete the messages one by one based on the conversion ID / seq no.

But it is not allowing me delete any more.

When I delete, I get error message Unable to cencel messages 1 of 1.

I tried all the 11 message indivizually. Am I missing something?

any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If messages are not business critical delete the messages using tcode SMQ2.

You can also investigate the queues why the messages are failing and you can force the execution again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Forgot to mention....

no entries in SMQ2 or SMQ1.

Regards,

Venkat.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Venkat,

There is a section in message mionotring called configure table columns ..there you can collapse that action selection converstion id and seq number

now you select the selection criteria as say

1. Start/end date = past one month say

2. status = holding

now you will get all the messages with status holding in past one month....take any one message..take its conversation id ..now there is a tab on the screen..show additional selection criteria..here you can enter that converstion id....so you will get all the messages in that Q...now find a system error message inside that Q..

you can first try to resend that message ... if that goes succesfully then the hold message with next immediate seq number will go automatically

if even after resending it does not go...just cancel that system error message ..but then you will have to resend the next immediate message which is in HOLD and all other messsages will go automatically.

This should help...i suppose you are not following the proper procedure of deleting the error msgs and resending the holding ones

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did all this on friday itself. I said I referred to Stefan's blog while resending/deleting the messages.

with that convID, I tried for messages with all the statuses apart from HOLD.

Now i entered free entry with HOLD state, there are only 11 messages.

all the 11 messaegs cant be resend/deleted. I tried each one by one...

Regards,

Venkat.

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try restarting the J2EE server...and then try resending again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,Venkat

Is your message's service quality EOIO(Exacty Once In Order)?

If it is EOIO, you should delete from the youngest sequence number message in RWB.

Best Regards,

Michikuni