cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'data collection method' to read and gather data from ALOG files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any 'data collection method' to read and gather data from ALOG files (residing in $TransportDirectory/log/)?

I want to capture this data and analyse it in CCMS (and in turn want to find out the requests which ended with return code >=0008)

Thanks,

Anirban.

N.B. Please answer whatever comes to your mind. Please share your line of thinking.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

You can use SAPOSCOL to do this for you.

Create template file according to the link below.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/EN/65/f3156d443e744abe15dbe14e4e32b5/content.htm

Regards,

Yoganand.V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Yoganand,

I will check that. Seems this is one of the solutions.

My aim is to find out the requests which ended with return code >=0008 and want to get a consolidated mail of that directly from SAP system. Do you have any other better solution for this one?

Thanks, Anirban.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

How do you do the transports? through STMS or OS level..

If you do it through OS Level then you can write a script to do the transport and trigger a mail containing the return code/req:no/client:no to the owner of the request and the user who does the import.

We have this setup and this works fine.

Regards,

Yoganand.V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yoganand,

We do transports via STMS.

Anirban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

Using SAPOSCOL is the standard way of monitoring SAP log files.

You can also create a script which will monitor the log files and trigger mails in the required format when any of the exception occurs, but it take more time in creating the script and testing it.

The standard procedure is safe and the easiest way to monitor log files.

Regards,

Yoganand.V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yoganand,

I am reading the help file you have given and trying to configure accordingly. If I face any problem I will catch you .

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which transaction code to use for creating / configuring "log file template"?