cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender option grayed out in IDOC Adapter PI 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have heard of IDOC packaging in the PI 7.1 for which we need to create a sender channel in XI and sender agreement.

but the idoc adapter has the sender selection grayed out. Is there any other configuration which needs to be done.

Rgds

Aditya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

No matter what i should atleast be able to create a sender idoc adapter. Forget about packaging and stuff

Its grayed out.. i am the admin on the server and i installed it just a few days ago. Did i miss anything?

Rgds

Aditya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto your ABAP stack and then from menu System --> Status, check which EhP you have.

Secondly I sopken with some basis consultant and he told that you have to turn ON the EhP level after applying or installing it, otherwise the features available in EhP will not be enabled.

And turning ON fo EhP is done via some transaction code.

I hope this will help you upto some extent.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes you have missed something - exactly what i am not able to guess.........just check whether the SAP BASIS 7.10 component was correctly deployed in your PI 7.1 system because without EHP1 also, at least you should be able to configure sender IDOC adapter............

maybe you need to do the readiness check of your PI 7.1 system again.........try restarting your PI server completely and then check if there is any error in the startup logs.........if there is no error, then again try to configure sender IDOC comm channel in ID.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

IDoc packaging comes with EhP 1 for PI 7.1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

I am on 7.1 SP 4

I am not sure if SP4 means EHP1

I am trying to get the IDoc Packaging configured but not able to create a sender IDOC adapter.

Rgds

Aditya

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, SP4 does not mean EhP1. You have to wait for global shipment of EhP1, you cannot use it now.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since the IDOC Adapter resides on ABAP stack and hence there is no need of creating sender IDOC CC and sender agreement.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

just check with your basis guys with what components are present in your PI7.1 system because having SAP BASIS 7.10, you should be able to configure sender IDOC comm channel in ID as with SAP BASIS 7.10 and even not having EHP1, sender IDOC comm channel can be configured in PI7.1 .

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For IDOC sender no Channel is required as it sits in ABAP STACK.

Directly start with Receiver Determination.

Edited by: Praveen Gujjeti on Mar 20, 2009 3:01 PM