cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to convert sender service(BPM) to an ALE logical system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on simple File to File Scenario where XI picks the File and process thru BPM and sends the file to R/3 Application server and wait for SYSTAT STATUS IDoc for the acknowledgement from R/3 System.

My scenario is working fine by receiving the STATUS IDoc and closing the BPM instance.

But later I am getting System error message as below:

Unable to convert sender service (BPM) to an ALE logical system

Any clues in this case?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards

Sudha.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member181955
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

1.Just enter some string as logical system name for your BPM in Integration Directory as follows.

Double click IP>Service>AdapterSpecific Identifiers-->Logical System

2.Create the same logical system in SAP (SALE tcode).

It will be solved.

Thanks

Prasad Nemalikanti

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Rajesh: Yes my BPM instance is closed after receiving the respective STATUS IDoc and I am not going to send this STATUS IDoc message to any other system.

Now when I check Referencing Messages of incoming STATUS IDoc in Moni, I could see one error message while sending the Application Ack back to R/3 System.

u201CUnable to convert sender service MY_BPM to an ALE logical systemu201D

NOTE: This interface is working with out any error in my QA system. But same code giving error in PRD system.

Regards

Sudha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all,

The problem is solved by giving * under AdapterSpecific Identifiers

Regards,

Sudha

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudha,

Althoug your scenario is file to file, but you are dealing with IDOC as well. This error generally occurs due tyo mismatch of logical system. I hope you used the same logical system name for R/3 system in ID and R/3 sytem (Partner profile)

Check this blog for same:

XI Error - Unable to convert the sender service to an ALE logical system

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/xi-error--unable-to-convert-the-sender-service-to-an-ale-logical-system

/people/rajeshkumar.pasupula/blog/2009/03/16/unable-to-convert-the-sender-service-to-an-ale-logical-system

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to do Header Mapping in your Receiver Agreement. Tick the box "Sender Service" and then enter the name of sending business system.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check whether your business system has propper adapter specific identifier:

go to your Business System -> Service -> Adapter Specific Identifiers

Kai

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Please check whether your business system has propper adapter specific identifier:

> go to your Business System -> Service -> Adapter Specific Identifiers

>

> Kai

I think for File to File scenario you don't require to do Adapter Specific Indentifiers, because it is required in case of File to IDOC. If you do this there is no harm.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sarvesh,

you are right here - sorry, my fault. Mostly this error message points to a missing identifier. Didn't get the file-to-file thing correctly.

Thanks,

Kai

Former Member
0 Kudos

See he is using File to File scenario with BPM. Now since BPM is not a logical system and cannot be defined in R3 under tcode BD54 so whenever BPM tries to send the data to reciever file system it don't recognize it, so if you do the header mapping in Receiver Agreement and give the name of sender business system then it will send the file without any problems.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for quick response

@Rajesh: I am sending signal file along with actual data file to R/3 Application Server. Once the signal file reached at R/3 Application Server, there is a job scheduled at R/3 side to process the data file and sends the STATUS IDoc back to XI for Ack purpose.

I am not using any CC for ACK.

@Sarvesh: Where I need to do Header Mapping? I am receiving the STATUS IDoc in BPM and closing the BPM instance. So I do not have any Receiver Agreement.

Regards,

Sudha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sudha,

What are you doing after receiving SYSTAT01 idoc ?

Are you not sending that data to sender system,if not what are you doing that idoc...

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

1. I am receiving the file into BPM and after validation Iu2019m splitting the file into multiple files.

2. Each split file sent to R/3 Application Server(by activating the correlation with the filename)

3. BPM will wait for SYSTAT STATUS IDoc (by using correlation with the filename) from R/3 System

for acknowledgement purpose. After receiving the respective STATUS IDoc (with the filename) then

BPM will close the instance.

4. If the STATUS IDoc not received with in specified duration an alert will raise and close the BPM

instance.

So we are not sending the STATUS IDoc data to Sender system.

Regards

Sudha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I feel then it should not be an issue for you.

As BPM instance is getting closed after you receiving the SYSTAT01 IDoc right?

The error need to be rectified in case if you want to send the data received to some other system.

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think in this case while forming conrol record of your SYSTAT idoc it is not able to fetch the RCVPRN from your business system (as in this case it is Process instance). I think you need to check the option restore original parties for acknowledgement option for CC of Ack

By the way how did you got SYSTAT response message did you schedule program at R/3 RBSTATE ?

Rajesh

Edited by: Rajesh on Mar 20, 2009 2:43 PM