cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual Stack Server.(Portal and R/3)In which table Portal details are stored)

vivekananthan_sellavel
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi master, i have a requirement . To get the portal role in web dynpro application .i.e to just print the list portal role for a particular user. We are using dual stack server. Or else give the table where that details are stored. Any trick and tip.

Regards

Vivekananthan.S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivekananthan.S,

if your finall application is intended to be used via portal. You can consired writing this in WD JAVA,

it is pretty straight fwd and u can get already existing material on SDN to do so. WD Java application can be configured as IVIEW in portal, there are hardly anny difference in UI of iviews created from WD4A

vs WD4J.

Greetings

Prashant

vivekananthan_sellavel
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi prashant,

Thx for reply i know it possible in wd java i have did it. previouslly. But my question is wheather its possible in wd abap. why i am asking this is because . if it seprate server no problem. where as i am using dual stack server Portal / R3 server./ so it mean it is stored some where in r/3 system. can u help me.

Regards

vivekananthan.S

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>if it seprate server no problem.

where as i am using dual stack server Portal / R3 server./

so it mean it is stored some where in r/3 system.

That isn't necessarily the case. In a dual stack, the ABAP and Java database still have separate schemas - so that they can not directly read or write to each other. If the UME for the portal is configured for Java, the roles are still stored in the Java side of the database. You would need to call a web service from ABAP to read them.

Since this question is really more related to where roles are stored for the portal, it might be better asked in the Portal forum. There are no Web Dynpro ABAP APIs specific for portal roles.

vivekananthan_sellavel
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi thomas ,

thanx for ur reply