cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cash Discount

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Requirement is we need to give cash discount to customer if he pays with in the due date.

For that i have defined new payment terms.Say Z001-Within 15 days 2 % cash discount.

Now whether i have to add new cash discount type in my pricing procedure.If yes then what are the others settings that i need to configure.

(At the time of receiving payment if the customer avails cash discount then what are the effects in SD and FI point of view.

Regards

Debasish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Cash discount condition types

SKTO calculates cash discount after tax

SKTV calculates cash discount before tax

Both are group conditions

Configuration is 100 % same for both

But in a pricing procedure both behaves differently as described thro a requirement routine in V/08

SKTO is picked thro requirement routine 9 (after tax)

SKTV is picked thro requirement routine 14 (before tax)

SKTV condition type is used for Cash discount before Tax, but you need not have to maintain a Condition record for this.

This Cash discount rate is maintained in the Payment term which is stored in Table T052.

SKTV does not have any access sequence.

SKTV uses its condition category "E" and searches the Table T052 and retreives the Cash discount rate to the condition screen in the Sales document from the Payment term stored in this Table.

In SD it is a statistical condition.

In pricing procedures you need to asign the proper pricing requirements of both

Hope this information will help you

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ramanathan,

Thanks for your reply.

I have one doubt, should i assign ERS account key for Cash discount type in pricing procedure.

If i checked statistical and give any Account Key for the Condition type in PP then how the system behaves?

Regards

Debasish

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

if u make a condition type as statisitical it wont post any values even if u assign Account key to it

SKTV

SKTO there will not be any accounting keys assigned

regards

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

There is no need to mention account keys for these two condition types that is SKTO and SKTV as these are statistical condition types

By marking statistical and also assigning account key i think there will no impact GL accounts as i think the statistical check box will have the main control

To be very honest i havent tested this

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Statistical conditions do not contain "Account key' as they are not posted to Accounting.

They do not take aprt in Net value calculation also.

So, if you will make it statistical then your Cash discount will not take place, it will only show for your information purpose.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rithvika,

If we do not assign any account keys for SKTO or SKTV condition type then how the system will adjust the discount amount?

for example, Payment Term is Z001-15 days 2%, 22 net.

Customer invoice value is Rs 1000.

RV doc value is Rs 1000 ( Posting Date is on 10.3.2009)

The customer is giving payment within the due date so we give him 2% discount(Rs20).

DZ doc value is Rs 980. (Document Date is on 20.03.2009)

Now in which G/L account the system will adjust the balance amount Rs 20.??

Regards

Debasish

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Discuss this with u r FI consultant i hope he will make u understand better

for cash discount there is no need to assign any account keys

the different amount will automaticlly goes to cash discount g/l account

regards

former_member206976
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you got the payment with the period what you have mentioned in payment terms, when you post the payment against the particular invoice system automatically proposed the cash discount. Please check with your fi consultant by posting a payment receipt against invoice which is having the cash discount type (SKTV & SKTO).

regards

Edited by: bvdv on Mar 20, 2009 10:37 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

you have to maintain the condition types

SKTO

SKTV

in u r pricing procedure