cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

user checks from WD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are some user exits which are having some checks for TRIP transaction .I want to use the same checks in WD Travel application. I am not sure where we can code in the WD component.

Has any one tried this .

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Have tried setting a break point in the old user exits to see if they are triggered from the new WD application? I don't have personal experience with the TRIP transaction, but I know that in many other parts of the system that the new WDA UIs are written in such a way that they still trigger older user exits via the PERFORM XXX IN PROGRAM XXX syntax. Of course screen exits won't work, but code exits are often still triggered.

If this isn't the case, then consider using the Enhancement Framework. It is quite powerful, especially in Web Dynpro. You can use Pre and Post method exits as well as override methods. Also with source code enhancements you basically have exits at the start and end of every code module.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for reply. Yes you are right . I tried putting the break point and it stops in older exits.

In older exits there were screen exits too,now I am trying to check if for any WD view is there are any screens mentioned or something I can relate with the screen.

Thanks & regards

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

There is really no need for screen exits in Web Dynrpo, as the Enhancement Framework allows you do to so much more.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/c5/f4b9422e0fb911e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for reply.

I want to know how we can keep some checks for the TRIP transaction and WD application. Is there any parameter we can pass from WD so that it will check if it is a WD application or a TRIP transaction.

Thanks

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

If you just want to know from any code if you are running within the Web Dynpro framework you can use the class CL_WEB_DYNPRO. There is a static attribute called IS_ACTIVE.

IF CL_WEB_DYNPRO=>IS_ACTIVE = abap_true.