Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WM - Palletization requirement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all of you,

I have a new requirement about Palletization,

We are getting same materila from two different Vendors Exple; 1&2

- if we receive the meterial from vendor 1, the LE Quantity should be 100 Eachs for each stroge unit type (E1).

- and if we receive the meterial from vendor 2, the LE Quantity should be 80 Eachs for each stroge unit type (E1-Same storage unit type).

how could i map the above requirement with Standard SAP.

Can any body help me out?

Regards,

Vishnu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use user-exit MWMTO007 to solve this problem.

Regards,

Osman

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

SAP standard functionality does not allow you to create two different LE qty for the same SU type (WM view2) . As suggested by the Osman you can write the custom program in user-exit MWMTO007 and while generating the palletization report check the vendor code and accordingly generate the Palletization report.

Hope this will help

Regards

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vittu.

What UOM do you create the TO in; base / WM unit?

What are you trying to standaridize; pallet quantity or pallet quantity when converted to base UOM?

How is this affecting your supply to production or shipping?

In most cases palletization is in accordance to supply/shipping needs but also tends to be based on physical warehouse space.

The pallet quantity if set to the higher value allows manual change to the lower value when receiving from the other vendor.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please maintain the WM2 view in the material master and set up these LE quantities. You should be able to receive both the pallets.

Thanks

Funky Tech.

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Once you maintain palletization data then system will accept as per that. System will take the SUT which is maintained in WM view.

Regards,

PRashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vittu,

Why do you want to receive both the quantities in deferent Same SU types?Is there any business decision that drives to do that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RK,

Thanks for your inputs,

Why because, the product is like reel ( One reel = 6000 units if we receive from vendor 1) or (One reel = 5000 units if we receive from vendor 2), but irrespective of the reel quantity we should keep the the reel same SUT, that to we are not at all using any SUT control for these kind of material.

Regards,

vittu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Packing instruction concept can be used with respect to your requirment.

POP1,POP2 and POP2 are used for Packaging instructions

POF1,POF2 and POF3 are used for packaging determinations.

In instructions we can define how many materials can be packed in one container.

in determination we can define which instruction is active wrt to which customer.

Customising is done under the following path.

Logistics - General>Automatic Packing>Determination of Packing Instructions

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not sure my ideas are attractive to you...:

- manual control (set the palletization in MM for one of your vendors and change the system's suggestion when you receive the parts from the other)

- you can use HU management and set HU requirement for the SLoc you are using > HU will converted to SU when you putaway the goods form inbound delivery. You can define the proper packaging instruction for your vendor and auto create the HUs as per your requirement

- Development. In OSS note 110702, user exit MWMTO007 is mentioned, I'm not sure you can achive your goal via this.

Regards,

Csaba